How do you feel about getting older being a Britney Spears fan ? (Growing up with Britney Spears)

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

I've recently turned 29..and i agree with britney..sometimes i feel 50..sometimes i feel like 20.. 

Up until last week i personally thought this 2022 was the worst year of my life..its been awful..losing my first real boyfriend ever..the no contact.. leading to me loosing my job.. i had become very shy..very guarded and really shut myself away.. I've just had a friend over for coffee.. we was discussing Netflix..i invited him to come round some night have a smoke and watch britney vs spears and he said he'd love to.. I'm slowly seeing friends..but by most im finally happy now myself..enough is enough and like britney said "i just want my life back..and its enough!" 

Im open to the concept of future friendships..my guard will always be up for the time being but the constant pain I've gone through is disappearing and im realising how strong I've been..this guy was narrcistic and abusive mentally, stole from me financially ..cheated.. and now after a whole year pretending im happy new year new 2022.. ive finally realised what im doing wrong.. stop punishing myself ffs!! .. im fine.. im looking forward to my 30s much more than my 20s.. i took alot of crap from people in my 20s because i thought they loved me.. I've realised im a very loving person.. im real.. and i need someone who can be the same.. being a britney fan in recent months ..I've honestly never been so proud ..she hasnt released anything since 2016 ..yet she's in high demand..so relevant..she's happy and still going strong.. 

How can i not be inspired by that? 

Being a britney fan getting older.. im just happy I've lived through some of the most interesting and inspiring pop culture moments ever and i can spread my love and knowledge onto others.. i feel I've never been so intrigued and proud to be a fan..anything she does now will have people leaning of their seats.. what will britney do next? How will her album sound? Whats her vision? Her true unscrapped vision.. honestly i love that i get to see her grow and pass my knowledge of a real inspiring artist who has been to hell and back..earned 2000 a week when most would crumble watching her team earn more.. britney is strong.. britney is the strongest artist i know.. britney deserves so much respect..she is more than an artist.. britney is a human.. britney is adored simply for being her..shes been so badly treated and yet smiles and still keeps that humble, funny and intelligent charisma we have loved her for all these years.. she is the epitome of strength and self awareness..she knows herself...she has had narrcistics trying to make her forget.. she didnt..and it rubs of on her fans . We feel her wins..when she succeeds we succeed..we are happy when she is.. 

I honestly feel a new chapter is ahead of me..im happier than ive been all year..im grateful i actually fought this hard to stay sane.. and docs have gave me valium..even tramadol to help cope .. 

As i get older i feel i become stronger and more aware of other people..i honestly feel that life is a constant learning game

As a britney fan if i include britneys influence.. im getting to know myself more and more each day..im ok being alone than in the wrong company.. i listen to music for inspiration everyday.. i try to get out in the sun as much as possible.."i never want to become one of these prisoner people" ..  im the person that looks after everyone else but never has anyone..this year I've learmed I am my own friend..i am responsible for making myself happy..i am a good person and i deserve to allow myself to be happy..im nearly 30 Dan!!

Music helps..

Sorry for the vent..:sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

This year has been a emotional rollercoaster and im glad its slowing down now

Mental Health Love GIF by Mat Voyce

So crazy to realize that I’ve been a Britney fan for 23 yrs now 😱 Britney is probably the only female artist that I've been a fan of for so long. BOMT was the first cd I ever had. I remember recording her appearances and performances on VHS, and in art always doing paintings of her photoshoots. I grew up with Britney from childhood, to teen years, and adulthood. Im grateful that I’ve been able to see her live 4 times, Onyx Hotel Tour being my all time favorite! I still have all of the VHS videos, DVD’s and Cd’s that have been released.  I think that things have changed a bit though, I feel like current Britney is a totally different Britney than the one I grew up with. I don't think I am able to “connect” as I used to, for the past 2 years. I support her and wish her healing and happiness, I love her, and hate that she has been through so much. To be honest I sometimes don't read her captions, I know she has been silenced for so long and is probably full of anger and rage, which is understandable. I don't know,  I just wonder if the Britney I grew up with, was a false imagine that was sold to us, and that we supported. Its hard to explain what I mean or feel, but she will always have a place in my heart and like I said I am grateful that I had the opportunity to grow up with her music, artistry, and iconic performances. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, G.E said:

So crazy to realize that I’ve been a Britney fan for 23 yrs now 😱 Britney is probably the only female artist that I've been a fan of for so long. BOMT was the first cd I ever had. I remember recording her appearances and performances on VHS, and in art always doing paintings of her photoshoots. I grew up with Britney from childhood, to teen years, and adulthood. Im grateful that I’ve been able to see her live 4 times, Onyx Hotel Tour being my all time favorite! I still have all of the VHS videos, DVD’s and Cd’s that have been released.  I think that things have changed a bit though, I feel like current Britney is a totally different Britney than the one I grew up with. I don't think I am able to “connect” as I used to, for the past 2 years. I support her and wish her healing and happiness, I love her, and hate that she has been through so much. To be honest I sometimes don't read her captions, I know she has been silenced for so long and is probably full of anger and rage, which is understandable. I don't know,  I just wonder if the Britney I grew up with, was a false imagine that was sold to us, and that we supported. Its hard to explain what I mean or feel, but she will always have a place in my heart and like I said I am grateful that I had the opportunity to grow up with her music, artistry, and iconic performances. 

people change ! u definitely diferent person from 23 years ago...imagine britney !

1 minute ago, Freakshow__ said:

Being a fan since I was 9, now i'm 33. 

At one point I asked myself if I should relax a little and just become a regular fan but then I realized she makes me happy and this is MY life, MY rules... So i'm planing to stan until I die. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

YAS !!!

Anne Hathaway Actors On Actors GIF by PBS SoCal

I JUST PICTURE MYSELF LIKE THE OLD MADONNA FANS LOL

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, that's hot y'all said:

people change ! u definitely diferent person from 23 years ago...imagine britney !

Of course, we all do. She was the artist I felt a huge connection to, but as you say, we all change, and as an adult, I can say Im not really as interested in celebrities lives, as I used to. 

• Like 3

I still feel such a connection with her, I've been a fan since she debuted in '98. omg, i've been a fan for 24 years.... wow... It's been such a ride, and to be able to live through britneymania and go through the ups and downs of being a fan while always being fiercely loyal to her. what a time.

And even more so now with the topic of mental health, I relate to her so much and I draw so much inspiration from her. She's gotten me through some of the hardest times in my life and still continues to. I'm not as obsessed with celebrities in general anymore, tbh nothing compares to the magic of the y2k era.

but britney - britney will always have such a special place in my heart.

Aging in general though, y'all i'm about to turn 30. :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

tbh i'm so scared of aging!!!!

Like I get legit anxiety over it, lmao. oh well! nothing i can do, but take care of myself!

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.