Sugababes on former member Heidi

Slayer

The original line-up did an interview with The Sun and had the below to say about former bandmate Heidi.

“Keisha said: "I think collectively we would all agree that Heidi had her part of it and is a massive part of Sugababes. For her to have done that journey with us, she is just as important to the journey of Sugababes."

“Mutya said: "We've seen Heidi and there's no bad blood or anything like that." She said there isn't time for tension, with her adding: "You've always got to give people their flowers."

A spokesperson for former member Amelle had this to say about the Sugababes 1.0 reunion:

Responding to the claims about Keisha's departure, a spokesperson for Amelle told the Mirror: "A spokesperson for Amelle has denied any suggestion that Keisha was pushed out."

They further commented to us: "Amelle wishes the girls all the very best with the reunion and is thrilled to see them doing well and touring again."

The 2.0 line-up (Keisha, Heidi and Mutya):

MV5BZDgzMWU3NTItYjkzMC00M2JkLTkzOTMtZWIw

I'm glad they're on good terms with Heidi and Amelle has wished them well (I wonder what Jade's thoughts are?). I'd love a 2.0 reunion BUT I can understand why it's not happening. Heidi has pretty much left the entertainment industry and is focused on being a mother to her children.

I'm just glad Siobhan is getting another chance at being a Sugababe and was able to make amends with Keisha and Mutya. The three of them seem perfectly happy now and I know they were massively £ucked over by the legal battle over getting the name back and whatnot so it's such a big deal to see them back finally touring again!

• Love 1
On 7/1/2022 at 2:49 AM, Britney'sBish said:

Meh, I don't think they really have any songs I'd save from a house fire.

The only song of theirs I've honestly liked was this one...

Girl, what? Push the button is iconic! 

Number one in the UK, #2 in germany. 

I love: 

• Love 2
On 7/1/2022 at 6:49 AM, MIKE_INT said:

Heidi was and always will be from my point of view the original Sugababe, even when Siobhan was in the original line-up

All the hits and success they had was with Heidi.

That's funny you say that. Growing up as a kid, I only knew about 2.0 (and later 3.0 when Mutya left). Round Round was the very first Sugababes song I heard. It wasn't until I became a fan, looked them up on Wikipedia and wanted to get their first album that I realised Heidi wasn't an original member!

Some of the best pop music of the 2000s came from the Sugababes. 
I consistently go back to their stuff. 
Sugababes circa Heidi is the trio I think of when it comes to the brand name. 

Tbh, I really enjoyed the stuff with Amelle and Jade Ewen as well. 

The Red Dress revamp, Get ****, About a Girl, Wear My Kiss examples of Amelle and Jade adding greatness to songs. 

Anyone else like Freedom? (The last song released with Heidi, Jade and Amelle)
TUNE! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block