Dua Lipa To Vogue About Third Album: “It’s about understanding what I want”

Cqleb

• Content Curators

Dua Lipa is featured on the June/July Vogue issue. She opens up about her new chapter, while revealing the pieces of her past that remain close to her heart and her third album is halfway finished but is in no rush to release it. 

“I’ve definitely grown up. Overall, whether it’s sonically or in terms of the themes, I’ve matured,” she said.

“It’s like I’m coming into my power and not afraid to talk about things,” she added of the third album. “It’s about understanding what I want.”

“It has a vision. It has a name, I think—for now. It’s just been fun experimenting. I’m always going to make pop music, but it has its own unique sound, which is exciting and something that feels like a movement from ‘Future Nostalgia’.”

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

She looks so stunning. Those outfits are so simple. Kinda reminds me of 90’s fashion. 

Can’t wait for the new album! From the way she’s describing it, I wouldn’t be surprised if she gives us her “In the Zone” :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

Yes! She’s getting there 

• Love 2

I like how each of her albums so far have had their very distinct sound. Her debut was very much modern pop, Future Nostalgia was a disco inspired album with elements of funk and 80's, 90's, and 00's dance music, so it's interesting to think about where she will go sonically for her third album. I could see her kinda dabbling in the sound of the 2000's of Loose / LAMB / The Dutchess, or maybe even a modern day version of Stripped or In the Zone. That would be a nice fit for her, and I know she has spoken about how much Nelly and Gwen inspire her. Either way, bring on the bops

:pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

Dua Lipa is featured on the June/July Vogue issue. She opens up about her new chapter, while revealing the pieces of her past that remain close to her heart and her third album is halfway finished but is in no rush to release it. 

“I’ve definitely grown up. Overall, whether it’s sonically or in terms of the themes, I’ve matured,” she said.

“It’s like I’m coming into my power and not afraid to talk about things,” she added of the third album. “It’s about understanding what I want.”

“It has a vision. It has a name, I think—for now. It’s just been fun experimenting. I’m always going to make pop music, but it has its own unique sound, which is exciting and something that feels like a movement from ‘Future Nostalgia’.”

If she says: 'ThIs iS tHe MoSt PeRsOnAl Album' I'm done! Whenever any artist say that, they make bull**** album.

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

She looks so stunning. Those outfits are so simple. Kinda reminds me of 90’s fashion. 

Can’t wait for the new album! From the way she’s describing it, I wouldn’t be surprised if she gives us her “In the Zone” :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

I don’t think she can pull of an “in the zone” baby luv :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Haha 1

I feel like Future Nostalgia is going to be hard to top imo. It's not very often that an artist does such a good album with their SECOND. (I still need to listen to her first album nnn)

I'm excited for it, but yeah I can't see it coming soon. I think she'll finish the Future Nostalgia tour first. Maybe it will come next year.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block