A song that had a word or idiom you had to look up to know what it means?

23 hours ago, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

i must confess i was a stan of Hollaback Girl as a child

but only today i looked up that Hollaback Girl means Cheerleader

Back then, I had just started learning English... I went through every dictionary I had and harassed all English teachers I knew... unsuccessfully :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Today, thanks to your post, I’ve discovered the meaning of ‘Hollaback’ :tongueney_britney_cocky:

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, Adriannn said:

Back then, I had just started learning English... I went through every dictionary I had and harassed all English teachers I knew... unsuccessfully :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Today, thanks to your post, I’ve discovered the meaning of ‘Hollaback’ :tongueney_britney_cocky:

isn't it funny how slang gets so overlooked by teachers, i mean they should have some learning in English slang too... we all know its not gonna happen but all the disintegrity about learning system..

5 hours ago, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

isn't it funny how slang gets so overlooked by teachers, i mean they should have some learning in English slang too... we all know its not gonna happen but all the disintegrity about learning system..

Back in those days, people who were teaching English were not professionally prepared to do it, at least in my town. 
Anyway, a lot of the English I currently know comes from songs... just a fun way to learn.

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block