Britney’s former dancer Willie Gomez responds to Britney saying her dancers never invited her to things: your team never allowed you to be part of anything with us

I respect her feelings.

Anybody who could see what was going on with her, knew she was isolated, and continued on the payroll, is still in some way, guilty of neglect. When you see someone in pain, enduring abuse, or struggling, but still show up to collect your paycheck--it's definitely understandable how Britney feels. These people all benefitted from the conservatorship. Anyone with balls would have refused to work for a corrupt operation taking advantage of, controlling, and trafficking a woman. These people cared more about filling their pockets than stopping abuse or blowing the whistle. F EM ALL!

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

• Love 7

It would also be good to consider that dancers most probably are used to working with stuck-up celebrities that wouldn't get together with them any regular day, so if they are told not to talk directly to her, I don't imagine them being that surprised. The thing is that we know Britney more and better than the average person to know that she's nicer than that. And I believe that if these dancers worked closely for and with her then they must have realized that at some point, so I guess the control over Britney must have been really tight if they (the dancers and even Britney herself) weren't able to communicate freely to talk about this... It's so sad, really, because you can tell that she's a sociable person and that it's healthy for her to feel like one of the rest off stage.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, reVolution said:

Some people still fail to try to see things from Britneys perspective, nobody fought for her, not even her coworkers (dancers), everybody took their money and kept it quiet, I know we all got to keep our jobs, and there are contracts. BUT really? Even us fans who look from "far" could tell something was wrong, yet the people that actually interacted with her, couldnt do anything?

A dancer making $80,000 a year is not going to be able to fight for the worlds biggest pop star whom was under heavy legal restraints and lock and key by her crazy father. I also don’t think Britney ever straight out said “i need help” to her employees. She was embarrassed and confused by everything going on. The only people who failed her are her family, close friends, and the probate courts. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Phonography423 said:

Why is she lashing out at dancers as if they purposely left her out of things when she knew her dad and team were keeping her isolated? This is why she need to apologize to Xtina. She has a lot of misplaced anger and lashing out at the wrong people and it shows. Hopefully she doesn’t do this to the wrong person or else she’ll get checked. 

I did not interpret that post as lashing out, you guys are making it bigger than what it was. SHE simply stated how she felt at that time, is she not allowed to express her feelings on Social Media now?

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Phonography423 said:

Why is she lashing out at dancers as if they purposely left her out of things when she knew her dad and team were keeping her isolated? This is why she need to apologize to Xtina. She has a lot of misplaced anger and lashing out at the wrong people and it shows. Hopefully she doesn’t do this to the wrong person or else she’ll get checked. 

I agree with you, 100%.

I'm all for her dragging her family and her handlers for the public to see...But her employees? A hard no.

Of course, she's been through a horribly traumatic experience...But some things don't belong on social media. And publicly dragging people who held absolutely no power in this situation is one of them.

She is free now to pick up the phone and call any one of them...There will be no healing on her part until she begins to speak to people from her past face-to-face and talk things out.

• Love 3

I think she’s just soooo angry (rightfully so) and she’s using social media to vent. It’s not always gonna be pretty. Britney is smart, but also manipulated for over a decade from the people closest to her. She doesn’t know who to trust. That be said I think she’s smart enough to know that people were being kept from her so in her comment she was just being a B itch. Happens to the best of us. I hope she sees their comments and they reconnect 

Just now, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

A dancer making $80,000 a year is not going to be able to fight for the worlds biggest pop star whom was under heavy legal restraints and lock and key by her crazy father. I also don’t think Britney ever straight out said “i need help” to her employees. She was embarrassed and confused by everything going on. The only people who failed her are her family, close friends, and the probate courts. 

Not one, but union makes power, and there are alot of ways (not money) in which they could have helped

5 minutes ago, DonMegaX said:

She also spoke about how they weaponized therapy against her. Saying "she needs therapy" is about the laziest thing you can say to make yourself feel good. Because you're willfully ignoring her experience with it.

We also heard her say she knows she needs therapy and wanted to choose her own therapist. Her care plan more than likely suggests/includes intensive therapy. Your point? 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Most people who worked for her where under strict gag orders, to the point where they would be sued and lose their jobs and everything they’ve ever worked for it they dare questioned things or spoke out. There was also a narrative of Britney being a mentally unstable addict that they were fed. It was a bad situation for everyone. I for one am not “gas lighting” or “victim shaming” Britney, but I do believe these things are best left to be discussed with said individuals or professionals. Britney is allowed to post what she wants, but not everyone has to idolize it. I feel for her because she’s not at the point where she sees things for what they were. That will take years and a lot of work. 

I understand that they were afraid of being sued or losing their jobs, I empathise with that. But you expect Britney to not be angry about the fact that they stayed silent when they knew what was happening? I wonder how you would feel in her situation.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Britney was in an abusive, controlling situation at the hands of her father for over a decade. She needs intensive therapy. Anyone would. She needs an outlet for her anger and frustration other than social media. A professional would’ve pointed out the obvious with this, and told her maybe they couldn’t reach her.  I’m in therapy once a week and haven’t been through a fraction of what she has. This is a ridiculous statement. There’s no shame in therapy. 

I obviously know what shes been through, and i know how traumatised and panicked she sounded when talking about the possibility of MORE therapy. How confined and claustrophobic she sounded. 

There is only a certain amount of prodding and poking you can do to the human brain before it becomes a literal nightmare. Highly triggering and the constant being forced to relive and retell accounts of when you felt trauma. Sadness etc can literally cause a total dissociation and total collapse of mental health. 

We are supposed to feel. We are supposed to learn. We are supposed to honour the experiences we go through. However difficult.    Easier said than done. But its the natural journey of life. 

This society is just obsessed with  ‘diagnosing’, ‘labelling’ ‘ticking-a-box’ and ‘medicating’. Sometimes it goes way too far. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I agree with you, 100%.

I'm all for her dragging her family and her handlers for the public to see...But her employees? A hard no.

Of course, she's been through a horribly traumatic experience...But some things don't belong on social media. And publicly dragging people who held absolutely no power in this situation is one of them.

She is free now to pick up the phone and call any one of them...There will be no healing on her part until she begins to speak to people from her past face-to-face and talk things out.

I laughed at "her employees..." honey, Britney was just another employee in that scheme

1 minute ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Unfortunately life isn’t a movie and this isn’t how it works when it comes to the rich and powerful like Jamie and Lou. It took years of noise and a NYT doc to expose all of this. 

No, it takes good people with good values thst want to do the right thing, and not money/fame hungry, which then again lacks in Hollywood

Just now, Musicandsoul said:

I obviously know what shes been through, and i know how traumatised and panicked she sounded when talking about the possibility of MORE therapy. How confined and claustrophobic she sounded. 

There is only a certain amount of prodding and poking you can do to the human brain before it becomes a literal nightmare. Highly triggering and the constant being forced to relive and retell accounts of when you felt trauma. Sadness etc can literally cause a total dissociation and total collapse of mental health. 

We are supposed to feel. We are supposed to learn. We are supposed to honour the experiences we go through. However difficult.    Easier said than done. But its the natural journey of life. 

This society is just obsessed with  ‘diagnosing’, ‘labelling’ ‘ticking-a-box’ and ‘medicating’. Sometimes it goes way too far. 

Therapy is all about finding who works for you and puts you at ease. Britney seemed open to the idea of that in her testimony, and now she finally has that liberty. And therapists don’t typically medicate. It’s to work through the trauma. 

Like i said. 

Britney deserves to feel that NO MATTER what she says, there is an open, safe place for her to do so. With NO judgement, no ‘consequence’, and no restriction. She has been through a hell of alot. She is going to be thinking and feeling very intense at times. 

Any normal compassionate person (Tish, the dancers who commented) absolutely know how isolated and poorly she was treated. As their comments demonstrate. 

Anyone further commenting on the situation and on what Britney should or shouldn’t say or how much more therapy she needs - should literally STFU.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

We also heard her say she knows she needs therapy and wanted to choose her own therapist. Her care plan more than likely suggests/includes intensive therapy. Your point? 

As I said, and as you continue to willfully ignore, you say "therapy" to make yourself feel smart, as if you said something so revelatory. Saying she needs therapy is about making you feel good. 

You even go on to say her care plan probably includes therapy. Then what does saying she needs therapy accomplish. NOTHING!!! She's already in her care plan.

One more time:  saying "She needs therapy" is lazy, self serving sentiment.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.