Health Achievements and Goals

• Super Mods

So I’m a little proud of myself because I have lost 22 pounds since last year at this time! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

I did this by mainly working up to walking 5-6 miles a day! :iwin_walk_flash_camera_runway_paparazzi: I made some dietary adjustments as well, but nothing drastic. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Anyway, it made me wonder what health goals or achievements have you set for yourself or have celebrated recently? Do you find setting goals works for you, or do you just find yourself in the midst of a health kick without realizing it?

My next goal is to drop some more weight, get a gym membership, and get my azz back to therapy. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling: Only then will I be insufferable unstoppable. :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

• Love 5
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Well done!

my goal is get fit again 

I was a little bit depress and lost but I am feeling much much better and blessed :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Ooof I completely understand the depressed and lost aspect! :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: Still currently in that stage but somehow pushing through! :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

How do you define “fit” for yourself? Is it certain muscle definition? Or weight? Or some sense of being fit? :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

I love this thread! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Congrats!! That’s not an easy thing to accomplish. :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

Luckily, fitness/working out has been a priority for me since I was just in my early teens, so it’s been a very regular and important part of my life ever since. My goal has always been to get bigger and to get more muscular. I never felt like I was ever big enough even after surpassing my long-term dream goal weight, but I’ve started hitting the point this year where I think I finally need to cut back a bit. I’m trying to cut some fat and then will probably try to start gaining muscle again. :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white: 

I also just want to spend more time doing cardio as I’ve always focused on it less compared to weightlifting and spending 8 hours/day at a desk job cut down on the cardio I used to get in throughout the day during college walking around campus.

I already eat lots of healthy foods now, but I also eat quite a bit of junk food along with those healthy foods. So I also want to cut down on junk foods. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

The good news is that I’m the strongest and biggest I’ve ever been, and I finally am starting to realize I’m a big guy even though, mentally, I’ve been stuck thinking of myself as small for pretty much ever. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
12 hours ago, itswwasheem***** said:

I am 2 month clean and sober

Love this for you! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: Congratulations on two months! I can imagine that it takes a lot of strength and self love on a daily basis, so I’m cheering for you from afar! You got this! :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, cocodeluxe said:

I have this weird dilemma. I want to lose weight, but I feel like the only reason I would do it is to look better for other people, which is not the right kind of motivation/goal I feel like. But then I‘m like who cares its healthy nevertheless ahhh :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Not you exposing me like this! :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling: Hahaha but really, I committed to being more active to which a byproduct of that was losing weight. I never had a number in mind, so I’m a little stunned that I’ve lost over 20! But as much as I was doing this for my own health, part of me does struggle with the thought that I’ve also lost it with other people in mind.

I would hate to think that potential suitors/people I would date are a motivating factor for me changing my body, but maybe they are. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I understand what you mean! :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, dran said:

I’ve worked really hard to get my pandemic weight off in the last year. But right now I’m training for a half marathon that takes place on May 1. It’s coming so quickly but I’m excited! 

Omg a running legend is in our midst! :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: I used to run cross country and track in high school, and had run a few 5k and 10ks in my past, but it’s been a hot minute (aka decade) since I’ve done that! I wanted to improve my walking fitness and hope to get back into running eventually! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Best of luck in your continued training for your half marathon! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1

Very happy for you, I was a national swimmer during my teen days so whenever competition was near I had to train 6-7KMs a day for swim + weight training so for that I had to eat 5K-6K calories a day but after school and in between college I gained weighed like 10Kgs without eating junk food and stuff I am generally a healthy eater but slowly and slowly I got back into the normal routine. 

Weight loss journey is very inspirational to hear always, I hope you achieve everything you want to related to your body and more :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

15 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

I’ve been trying to gain weight and slightly bulk up for over a decade now but whatever I do, it never seems to stick. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: It’s horrible because I have decent workouts at the gym but am never able to follow it up with the proper amount of calories so a lot of the muscle I build just goes to waste. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

MORE PROTEIN. I recently in the past month increased my protein intake. I’ve seen a little more progress in my muscle mass. I struggled for a long time with the same issue :(. I try and do a higher protein, and even load of carbs and fat diet! You got this :)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Omg a running legend is in our midst! :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: I used to run cross country and track in high school, and had run a few 5k and 10ks in my past, but it’s been a hot minute (aka decade) since I’ve done that! I wanted to improve my walking fitness and hope to get back into running eventually! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Best of luck in your continued training for your half marathon! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

I’ll be back to report my results. 

This is so motivating reading all of this everyone! Good luck with your goals everyone, keep your eyes on the prize. When you’re feeling like you’re going to die from a workout, what’s one more push or a few more seconds at high intensity? Ps. Hold your core !! 

18 minutes ago, dran said:

MORE PROTEIN. I recently in the past month increased my protein intake. I’ve seen a little more progress in my muscle mass. I struggled for a long time with the same issue :(. I try and do a higher protein, and even load of carbs and fat diet! You got this :)

More protein is key. I started lifting heavvvvvy last March and made crazy progress, but it took off even more when I started eating huge amounts of protein - cottage cheese and eggs. I didn't gain any weight - just more muscle and more toning. Love it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block