Ciara is Underrated. I Miss Her

I really don't appreciate how the GP treats talented females in R&B/Pop like Ciara. It's so crazy because she is so talented. One of the best dancers and her music is always fun but she also has her personal and more mature soulful side musically as well. She's had so many lowkey hits that it just bothers me that she is so underrated! :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

ciara GIFciara dancing GIF

From "Ride" to "Promise" she is known for making some **** R&B slow jams! :bsass_britney_boys_nod:

ciara GIF by Billboard Music Awards

She also is a mom and wife so we gotta stan

Happy Cheers GIF by Nickelodeon

I need a new Ciara album but more of a vibe like her albums Fantasy Ride, The Evolution and Ciara. :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Here are some of my fave Ciara songs!

@Style.I know u love this bop! 

What are your fave songs from Ciara? 

@Jordan Miller

• Love 9

ugh Ciara and Tinashe are paid DUST by the GP!! But listen, just yesterday I read this article on Whitney Houston, and she was obviously AMAZING at what she did, but not really having a huge connection with her audience... And the conclusion had to do with people not being able to really getting to KNOW them as people, and they compared this situation to (drum rolls please) Beyoncé! And I agree. Many artists are incredibly talented, but many times they seems kind of souless... And I think that's what happens with Ciara, Tinashe, Whitney, Beyoncé... They are MACHINES, so perfect in execution on all fronts, but they very rarely are raw and intimate. I know most people won't agree with that, but think about it and be really honest: We ALL can recognize unmatchable talent, but do we really L-O-V-E them as people? Whitney changed in her last few years, but during most of her career she was marketed as a perfect singing pop princess.

• Love 4

CiCi is one of my FAVES!! Been supporting her since Goodies. What I love and respect about Ci is that she always worked hard to improve her singing. Admittedly her vocals were rough in her early stages but her voice has only gotten better. She has a limited range but it works for her. I've always wished that her momentum kept building after Evolution but the roll-out of Fantasy Ride kind of did her in. She found a groove again with Ciara and Jackie but Beauty Marks was a total miss outside of Dose, Level Up, and Thinkin' Bout You. This woman stuns and I stan. Always rooting for her. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.