Listen to my remix of Adele's "Easy On Me"

• Verified

Hey Exhale, I'm Anthony Preston. I co-wrote and co-produced "Work *****" and worked on a few othe song on Britney Jean.

Andre Lindal and I (aka A2) made a guitar cover of Adele's "Easy On Me" because her voice, words and melody really spoke to us… and, she’s at the top of our wish list.

Andre started playing some chords.. and slowly but surely the pieces came together. He rehearsed and rehearsed so the guitar could be as simple as possible… we wanted Adele’s vocal to shine without anymore notes or rhythms than necessary.

We recorded the guitars over two sessions. One to test the parts. With a ruff blend.

Then, the next day we cut them for real. Andre almost blacked out haha. But, in the end, he didn’t and it was great. We took a break to let what we had simmer and set for a while. Then we went back in and made the guitar sound support Adele as best and respectfully as we could! The result is what you all can hear now.  

Let us know what you think in the comments. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Anthony Preston said:

Hey Exhale, I'm Anthony Preston. I co-produced Britney's "Work *****" and a bunch of other songs off Britney Jean.

I, along with Andre Lindal, made a guitar cover of Adele's "Easy On Me" because her voice, words and melody really spoke to us.

Andre started playing some chords.. and slowly but surely, the pieces for the guitar parts came together and he rehearsed and rehearsed so the guitar could be as simple as possible so Adele could really shine without any more notes and rhythms than necessary.

We recorded the guitars over two sessions. One to test the parts. With a ruff blend.. Then the next day, we cut them for real. Andre almost blacked out haha. No he didn’t.. he played it great and the comping and editing was fun and easy enough. We took a break to let what we had simmer and set for a while then went back in and made the guitar sound support Adele as best and respectfully as we could! The result is what you all can hear now.  

SIS WHAT? Anthony Preston is on this board. WTF! I'm now much more anxious to post my music here :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:

I love how it captures a completely different emotion, while preserving the distinctive nature of the track.

• Verified
On 11/5/2021 at 5:30 PM, amiro1989 said:

SIS WHAT? Anthony Preston is on this board. WTF! I'm now much more anxious to post my music here :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:

I love how it captures a completely different emotion, while preserving the distinctive nature of the track.

Thanks - I’m happy you liked it. You can download it on SoundCloud. 

On 11/5/2021 at 10:33 PM, Anthony Preston said:

Hey Exhale, I'm Anthony Preston. I co-wrote and co-produced "Work *****" and worked on a few othe song on Britney Jean.

Andre Lindal and I (aka A2) made a guitar cover of Adele's "Easy On Me" because her voice, words and melody really spoke to us… and, she’s at the top of our wish list.

Andre started playing some chords.. and slowly but surely the pieces came together. He rehearsed and rehearsed so the guitar could be as simple as possible… we wanted Adele’s vocal to shine without anymore notes or rhythms than necessary.

We recorded the guitars over two sessions. One to test the parts. With a ruff blend.

Then, the next day we cut them for real. Andre almost blacked out haha. But, in the end, he didn’t and it was great. We took a break to let what we had simmer and set for a while. Then we went back in and made the guitar sound support Adele as best and respectfully as we could! The result is what you all can hear now.  

Amazing 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.