Is Bionic REALLY a flop or was ahead of its time?

To answer your question yes it was a flop, not in the fact the music (but had it reasons) but more of label politics, the roll out and single selection (see my choices of singles below). The music was not original, glam being compared to vogue, bionic (the track) being very similar to santigold’s song creator, relying on others for her a sounds. Elastic love sounding like an MIA reject (I know MIA wrote the track) and Sia’s writing before it was big. 

The album was ahead of its time and experimental but not in the way how Lady gaga and red one were in their coca-cola induced highs. 

1st single - Glam

2nd single - not myself tonight

3rd single - woohoo

4th single -  lift me up - wish she would do this song in Spanish! 

5th single - Desnudate

Btw: favorite headline from this era! lady Gaga ruin my career (can’t find the magazine article) 131218-lady-gaga-christina-aguilera-do-w

Hear me out: Imaging “Your body” being the lead single for bionic and with the NMT video visuals? Ugh!! It would have been epic!! For me the 1st single for bionic wasn’t great, but conceptually I loved it. Yes, it’s not original or groundbreaking, but it was soooooo beautiful. 

9 hours ago, Mexwero said:

Hear me out: Imaging “Your body” being the lead single for bionic and with the NMT video visuals? Ugh!! It would have been epic!! For me the 1st single for bionic wasn’t great, but conceptually I loved it. Yes, it’s not original or groundbreaking, but it was soooooo beautiful. 

"Your Body" was another excellent song.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 11/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, K-man said:

To answer your question yes it was a flop, not in the fact the music (but had it reasons) but more of label politics, the roll out and single selection (see my choices of singles below). The music was not original, glam being compared to vogue, bionic (the track) being very similar to santigold’s song creator, relying on others for her a sounds. Elastic love sounding like an MIA reject (I know MIA wrote the track) and Sia’s writing before it was big. 

The album was ahead of its time and experimental but not in the way how Lady gaga and red one were in their coca-cola induced highs. 

1st single - Glam

2nd single - not myself tonight

3rd single - woohoo

4th single -  lift me up - wish she would do this song in Spanish! 

5th single - Desnudate

Btw: favorite headline from this era! lady Gaga ruin my career (can’t find the magazine article) 131218-lady-gaga-christina-aguilera-do-w

Because actually it is a reject song from MIA, she didn't wrote it for Xtina, she did for herself before.

4 hours ago, itswwasheem***** said:

I think the album wasn't that bad but the problem Xtina herself. She was kind of a ****** and people get more interested in Gaga who seemed nicer + Perez Hilton was destroying her at that time. 

She should have kept a B2B direction and still now she doesn't understand. Play it classy no more trashy

She did though but with Burlesque movie and the soundtrack

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.