Alec Baldwin's prop gun for new film "Rust" has a huge mishap causing an injury and a fatality in a rare freak accident..

14 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Whoever is in charge of production, is cutting corners, by hiring non union workers, due to union workers protesting against poor working conditions, such as lack of rest, no days off, etc. 

@Style.

@Jordan Miller

I've been saying the industry is gonna hurt itself by refusing simple requests like shorter work days, weekends off, don't have deadlines and etc..

Crews are parents and have personal lives that matter as well..

All could be prevented if there requests are met. 

@Isla

I remember watching the special features on scream, and was craven said the big climatic showdown end between Sidney and the killers was shot over 20 days and some days were 16 to 18 hours, and both Skeet Ulrich and Matthew Lillard said during takes they would be covered in blood and had to wait 5 hours. 

Neve Campbell had little to no sleep, cos nights belonged to scream, and days were party of five. She had only enough time to shower and fly a plane to the LA set if her TV show. 

So this is why crews are protesting. cos they know in the film industry, unless the production is done, they don't get a day off..

Some miss the birth of their children, birthdays and celebrations like Christmas cos of deadlines by studios, they paid the budget, so money is more important over the health and safety of the crews and actors.  

This is just so messed up. It's already bad enough that some crew workers on set for Rust had apparently complained about the working conditions a few days before the shooting.

6 hours ago, Markoct said:

Prop guns many times are loaded for films just not with bullets but with blanks. Blanks still have the same pressure and if someone is too close this could happen unfortunatly.

That's really sad. Surely there's a way to film a scene without putting anything in a gun? It's a massive risk to even have blanks in there.

Hearing about this made me read about Brandon Lee's death on the set of The Crow (very similar situation). A lot of care clearly wasn't taken on that day to make sure that no one would get hurt.

28 minutes ago, Isla said:

That's really sad. Surely there's a way to film a scene without putting anything in a gun? It's a massive risk to even have blanks in there.

Hearing about this made me read about Brandon Lee's death on the set of The Crow (very similar situation). A lot of care clearly wasn't taken on that day to make sure that no one would get hurt.

%10000!!! I dont see how taking that risk could be worth any film take what so ever - not to mention how unnecessary it is nowadays to do so considering how much animataion and special effects have evolved.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block