Lipsynching?

lluaces

So, I realize this is not at all a priority right now but with everything that’s been revealed about how the conservatorship was worse than most imagined, I went from believing Britney was lip-synching because she wants to being almost 75% convinced that it’s her team. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Meh, I think that just comes down to what makes a better performance. Girlfriend can sing, but most of her songs are pumped full of effects to the point where a live version wouldn’t play well. Plus she’s always dancing. You can look back at some of her earliest performances where she’s singing live but only marking the moves, and it just doesn’t market her the way she ends up excelling. On top of that, think of the responsibility that’s lifted from Britney during an hour long performance if she’s not required to drive the show with perfect vocal timing, since there is a ton of stuff that is perfectly timed to vocals. I honestly have no problem with her lip syncing to album tracks, or singing along. She’s a dancer and a recording artist who can also sing live when humanly possible lol 

• Love 6

She doesn't have the vocal stamina to sing live and dance. Why does this topic come up over and over? Y'all realize the OIDA tour was pre-recorded, right? She still sang along, but she has never sang completely live besides BOMT era and some of OIDA era. She RUINED her voice (and my theory is became pre-nodal) by ACTUALLY singing and dancing live for many years prior to 'Britney' Album -- DWAD tour was the last time she pretty much "sang along" with the track. At that point for those two eras, her voice was on the backseat compared to her performance, so nobody cared if she was lip-synching.

As time went on, I'm sure there wasn't even a discussion about singing live. I mean, why would the woman want to sing along to Slave 4 You? No wonder her artistry went downhill, she was being forced to perform for so many years, who knows what her heart was actually in, versus what she felt manipulated to do. 

Girlfriend is a studio singer and always WILL BE unless she takes some serious vocal classes. Do y'all realize how difficult Broadway performers have it to actually sing and dance live each night? And they only do 1-2 shows. Pop stars have to do travel, media appearances, CONSTANTLY TALKING and tiring their voice out... Britney just doesn't have the stamina -- even in the studio her voice is quite weak without all the layering, but, it's iconic, and there's only one voice like hers, so it works. 

I hope IF she wants to get back to singing live she can actually create music that fits her voice and she would want to sing. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3

So mostly agree with all the comments but it doesn’t explain why sometimes Work ***** was live in PoM as were parts of Everytime in Circus and different songs in FF (HATLM, I wanna go, 3), sometimes Womanizer over the years, etc. I don’t actually care. I think B is the person who has the best excuse for lipsynching because A) she dances, B) the auto-tune effect and, most importantly, C) if she sounded anything but perfect she’d be destroyed by the media. But it’s just another thing I’m re-evaluating because of the cship. (And agreed she’s a studio artist but she can obviously sing live when she wants to)

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, rennen said:

Her lipping has nothing to do with the conservatorship. She's lipped consistently since 2000.

Exactly. I don't know where this lip synching controversy came from. Britney's not Milli Vanilli; she's not Christina Aguilera or Adele; she has a strong voice but her dancing and overall fire she brings to her performances, especially in her prime, outweigh the need for singing live. It would be different if she just sat at a microphone and pretended to sing, but I think she can be forgiven for using a pre-recorded track while dancing with a massive snake on her shoulders or stripping off into a nude bodysuit to remix one of her biggest hits.

season 2 nbc GIF by Will & Grace

Britney has been lip syncing from oops era, gone are those where baby Britney performing at malls and singing with her deep voice if you go and watch her NFL kick off she is singing live there but she's not dancing that badass there it's a simple thing not a lot of people can do it.

Britney lip syncing has nothing to do with her conservatorship, the problem I feel is that her songs were never re-worked to sing live also which I never understood why every other artist does it. 

What I always felt weird about is that she doesn't even know when her mic is on/off. 

10 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Britney has been lip syncing from oops era, gone are those where baby Britney performing at malls and singing with her deep voice if you go and watch her NFL kick off she is singing live there but she's not dancing that badass there it's a simple thing not a lot of people can do it.

Britney lip syncing has nothing to do with her conservatorship, the problem I feel is that her songs were never re-worked to sing live also which I never understood why every other artist does it. 

What I always felt weird about is that she doesn't even know when her mic is on/off. 

The 2003 NFL kick-off? It was lipped to pre-recorded vocals. 

• Like 1

I'll never defend the lipping unless she is killing it with dance moves.

A lot of people still pretend that she only lip-syncs because she is always dancing but that's just not true, she has lipped to ballads countless times when she was literally sat down.

That being said, she did sing live at POM (something to talk about) and as we see in the documentary she makes reference to the mic being turned on so I think she does want to sing live more. 

I think teamcon probably encouraged her to lipsync because they knew she wasn't invested in performing and they were really only concerned about cashing their cheques so they couldn't give a **** if her dancing was bad and she didn't sing live. All she had to do was show up and go through the motions. 

I think if and when she ever returns, a new creative team would definitely encourage her to switch up her performing style (the outdated POM-Vegas showgirl thing) and that would definitely include more live performances.

(By the way I think Britney has a much stronger voice than Jlo and even she sings live sometimes. It's not impossible for Britney to do it, she just needs to train a bit.) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rennen said:

I'm sorry :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I hate ruining people's hopes and dreams. What other performances do you think are live and I'll fact check? :typing_keyboard_computer:

Do you reckon Satisfaction at the VMAs was live? The mic was on during the performance (and rehearsals she sounded amazing) but I can't tell if they used a very convincing backtrack last minute. No one come for me though I'm just curious :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

• Like 1

I agree the decision is hers and has nothing to do with the conservatorship but I also think people around her made her loose confidence in her live singing long before the cship and she got conviced that it was better to never sing live, even the ballads.

I mean it makes total sense that she lips when she's dancing but she could easily fit in one or two songs for her to sing live, and shut people up. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, bizi said:

For years i thought the 2003 VMA'S  were live :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I'm sorry. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: 

However, I think you can hear her singing live when all three of them are together starting at"Shine your light now..." 

This was also the moment I think Xtina's mic was turned down to the point of almost being switched off. :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

17 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Do you reckon Satisfaction at the VMAs was live? The mic was on during the performance (and rehearsals she sounded amazing) but I can't tell if they used a very convincing backtrack last minute. No one come for me though I'm just curious :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

Definitely live.

• Like 1