Nicki Minaj skips Met Gala over COVID-19 vaccine requirement

Marcanthony

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nicki-minaj-covid-vaccine-met-gala/

Rapper Nicki Minaj will skip this year's Met Gala over the event's COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Minaj, whose real name is Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty, told followers that she is still researching the vaccine and does not want to jump into the decision. 

"They want you to get vaccinated for the Met," Minaj, 38, tweeted Monday. "If I get vaccinated, it won't (be) for the Met. It'll be once I feel I've done enough research. I'm working on that now. In the meantime my loves, be safe. Wear the mask with 2 strings that grips your head & face. Not that loose one."

Minaj also revealed that she tested positive for COVID after preparing to attend the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards and struggled with being away from her 12-month-old son. "Do u know what it is not to be able to kiss or hold your tiny baby for over a week?" Minaj tweeted. "A baby who is only used to his mama?"

1 hour ago, maki93 said:

The balls swelling crap that was tweeted to more than 22 million people and retweeted more than 150k+ times. It is enough that alot of misinformation is spread of the vaccine, and it is not a cool look to add fuel to the fire. 

So 1 wrong pice of wrong information should be enough to get people banned? What about all the information that they claim is false and later turns out to be true? 

I appreciate  that she is spending time doing research, but i hope it’s with credible sources at least and not Twitter. As she is unvaccinated, I hope she is staying safe and still practicing good protocol because she is an easily transmissible target for the virus and can be a risk for others . Good luck to her. 

5 hours ago, Ritatdad said:

So 1 wrong pice of wrong information should be enough to get people banned? What about all the information that they claim is false and later turns out to be true? 

Ofcourse I do not support Nicki getting banned over this. But this "one wrong piece of information" can cost people their lives. We need to all play our role in protecting society not putting it at risk. For a person with influence, she should know better. 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, jordeezy said:

She's banned from Twitter now according to her IG

On 9/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, Ritatdad said:

The US is getting so authoritarian its scary. Since when are the people who are trying to silence others on the good side? Historically those always turned out to be the bad guys. 

On 9/17/2021 at 3:11 PM, maki93 said:

Ofcourse I do not support Nicki getting banned over this. But this "one wrong piece of information" can cost people their lives. We need to all play our role in protecting society not putting it at risk. For a person with influence, she should know better. 

21 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

oh baby u dont know an authoritarian gov if u think this is it...

Nicki lied, she wasn't banned from Twitter (they confirmed) and she's still active on there. Instagram did rightfully have to remove some of her Insta stories though for doxxing like two reporters.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block