Hey! I'm back on Exhale :) And I'm gay... duh

Hey y'all!

I recently just logged back into Exhale. Apparently I haven't been on here since 2017. Wow! I'm mainly on ATRL these days but wanted to say hi to everyone. Who else here is an OG member? I joined in 2007 and came on here a lot. I also used pop-overdose if anyone remembers that forum. And then Ubritney.com even earlier - back in 2004 I believe. I remember going to the public library in my town and the Mona Lisa demo/radio appearance being put online. 

I'm so glad Britney is finally about to be freed and given her life back after 13 years. It's surreal yet vindicating all at once. I couldn't be happier. In a way, as her fan, it's like a piece of us is restored. Since she was so instrumental in our childhoods, growing up with her music and visuals, and honestly having her as an escape from our lives. I know for me, growing up gay was not easy and she provided me with a rush of this amazing, fierce, confident pop world. 

I can still remember my dad surprising me with In The Zone when it came out in November 2003 and leaving the unopened CD on the kitchen counter. I wasted no time putting it in my CD player and getting lost in that album. It honestly might be my favorite Britney album just for how it affected me at the time as an 11 year old kid. Britney's confidence was palpable, the ***ual nature of the songs interested me (lol) cuz I remember all the news programs making all this hype about it. The blur (reference) of that release week/month with In The Zone Out All Night, the TRL outside performance, All Eyes on Britney, etc. 

Nothing quite compares now to those days where we didn't have social media and we relied solely on TV and music stores. No streaming haha. Anyway, that's just a little blast from the past and I'm glad to be back on here. Let me know if you share a similar experience! Or if you're younger, maybe Blackout or Circus was a big album for you. 

xx

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, myprerogative11 said:

Hey y'all!

I recently just logged back into Exhale. Apparently I haven't been on here since 2017. Wow! I'm mainly on ATRL these days but wanted to say hi to everyone. Who else here is an OG member? I joined in 2007 and came on here a lot. I also used pop-overdose if anyone remembers that forum. And then Ubritney.com even earlier - back in 2004 I believe. I remember going to the public library in my town and the Mona Lisa demo/radio appearance being put online. 

I'm so glad Britney is finally about to be freed and given her life back after 13 years. It's surreal yet vindicating all at once. I couldn't be happier. In a way, as her fan, it's like a piece of us is restored. Since she was so instrumental in our childhoods, growing up with her music and visuals, and honestly having her as an escape from our lives. I know for me, growing up gay was not easy and she provided me with a rush of this amazing, fierce, confident pop world. 

I can still remember my dad surprising me with In The Zone when it came out in November 2003 and leaving the unopened CD on the kitchen counter. I wasted no time putting it in my CD player and getting lost in that album. It honestly might be my favorite Britney album just for how it affected me at the time as an 11 year old kid. Britney's confidence was palpable, the ***ual nature of the songs interested me (lol) cuz I remember all the news programs making all this hype about it. The blur (reference) of that release week/month with In The Zone Out All Night, the TRL outside performance, All Eyes on Britney, etc. 

Nothing quite compares now to those days where we didn't have social media and we relied solely on TV and music stores. No streaming haha. Anyway, that's just a little blast from the past and I'm glad to be back on here. Let me know if you share a similar experience! Or if you're younger, maybe Blackout or Circus was a big album for you. 

xx

Welcome back! Be careful with what you post. Now people can be banned and be called racist for being sarcastic, but you can be a misogynist as long as you want if you use * properly. This forum has become a little strange…

Not breatheheavy. I miss that site so much. when we werent having mini stan tantrums we had great discussion lmao.

Im happy youre back because i see you all over the forums today and i love that this site is alive and thriving.

the nostalgia for her prime is so real. i wish i took it all in when i was younger.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block