‘Black Widow,’ Britney Spears, and When Families Fail to Protect Their Most Vulnerable

As a huge Marvel fan, this article is gold! :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

p.s. it contains spoilers from the movie Black Widow so be careful if you haven’t watched it yet..

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/black-widow-similarities-britney-spears-1234648122/?fbclid=IwAR2qftL4TcWZ36GICCg90HzNAEx7uU1gK3io30HvPFtoPlMjOXpfHAg9VF4

In between “Black Widow” and Britney Spears lies a gulf of women, both able-bodied and disabled, who are seeing their stories writ large. With Spears as a real-life example and “Black Widow” tackling the same topics via fiction, there suddenly feels a greater sense of community and understanding about being exposed.

At the same time, it’s a bittersweet victory, considering Spears remains under the same stifling conservatorship (for now), while Marvel still has a long way to go when it comes to promoting true equity and inclusion, both in front of and behind the camera. For now, both of these pop culture queens provide a way forward, pushing for a future when vulnerability is no longer something to manipulate, on screen and off.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

(Yes I know this isn’t Britney… I still wish she recorded and released this banger)

:bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

I’m gonna climb in your window and no one’s ever gonna know I’m gonna come and come and take control you can’t leave, I’m gonna start from down below and I’ll be done before you know.... swallow swallow swallow :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

• Haha 2