Lana Del Rey drops new album 'Blue Banisters'

• 2 weeks later...

i’m a huge fan of lana’s music, to the point where i would stay up late waiting for her releases and listened to every song as soon as they would leak due to my excitement.. but this is a really boring album for me unfortunately.. i couldn’t listen to most of the songs all the way through and when the record was released i didn’t check it out until a week or two after the fact

i haven’t been enjoying the direction she’s been heading in since lust for life though

i mean how many more albums is she going to release that sound exactly like the last and not in a good way? 

i loved her music when it was headed towards a more nelson riddle/les baxter route instrumentally.. her first three LPs all have their own unique soundscapes and are very evocative.. she had her visions and stuck with them which resulted in her having a really good thing going up until honeymoon which was her last distinctive project 

ever since lust for life, her material has been more or less the same vagabond wannabe/stream of consciousness diary entry writing.. if anything the attempts at portraying a more ‘candid’ environment has encouraged my emotional detachment from these songs 

lyrically these songs may as well be poems because sonically they offer very little.. meanwhile if you take a look at her entire body of work you’d see that there are several versions of songs spanning from the born to die-ultraviolence-honeymoon albums.. for example, the unreleased version of freak is very different to the final version.. she experimented more back then.. whereas now she mostly records songs in one take and calls it a day.. this process works for some songs, such as pretty when you cry & yosemite, but not for others where it’s a blatant case of almost copying + pasting piano riffs.. the trio trilogy was a nice switch-up but short lived 

i think the fact that she’s releasing 7-8 year old songs (cherry blossom, nectar of the gods) that have been online for some time now says enough regarding her lack of inspiration.. she never used to do that 

she’s very lacklustre when performing live these days as well.. her setlists are very repetitive to the point where fans would beg her to sing just a 30 second acapella version of salvatore.. plus the backing track is overbearing during tours such as l.a to the moon.. sometimes she would just stand there smoking whilst the backing track played.. i enjoyed her performances in 2013-2014 where she would put in the effort and play around with her voice

anyway.. seeing how she responds to criticism she’d probably tell me to fu.ck off which is half the problem.. too many “yes man” people around her 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block