Lana Del Rey drops new album 'Blue Banisters'

OnΒ first listen, definitely my least favorite Lana album. The lyrics are her most mature though, I enjoyed how personal they were.

This feels like a more mature, experienced, dramaticΒ pianoΒ version of Sirens. I love Sirens though, can’t say the same about this… :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

Black Bathing Suit and maybe Nectar of the GodsΒ are really the only songs I want to replay. The distorted guitar (or voice?) in Living Legend was cool. I love when artists are experimental like that.Β 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, the_blackout said:

What are your thoughts about NFR ? I personally think it's her BEST by far

I still haven't listened to Lust for Life, NFR, and Ultraviolence in full, so I'm a bit of a clown for being so confident in my love for Honeymoon, but based on the songs I've heard, I still don't see anything topping it. I could be wrong, though, because everyone and their mother is calling NFR her best work yet. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I still haven't listened to Lust for Life, NFR, and Ultraviolence in full, so I'm a bit of a clown for being so confident in my love for Honeymoon, but based on the songs I've heard, I still don't see anything topping it. I could be wrong, though, because everyone and their mother is calling NFR her best work yet. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

if you're into high standard production, NFR is for you. I have no words to describe hoz brilliant it is, between her lyrics+voice and Jack Antonoff's production. I mean ...

Have a glass of wine (or whatever you fancy) and give it a listenΒ 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

OnΒ first listen, definitely my least favorite Lana album. The lyrics are her most mature though, I enjoyed how personal they were.

This feels like a more mature, experienced, dramaticΒ pianoΒ version of Sirens. I love Sirens though, can’t say the same about this… :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

Black Bathing Suit and maybe Nectar of the GodsΒ are really the only songs I want to replay. The distorted guitar (or voice?) in Living Legend was cool. I love when artists are experimental like that.Β 

Why am I not curios to play this album?Β :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:Β It never happened to me before with a Lana album!Β :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Style. said:

Why am I not curios to play this album?Β :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:Β It never happened to me before with a Lana album!Β :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Probably because she gave 2 albums in a year and just released her poetry book/audio just last year and NFR the year before that.

Tbh, I wasn’t super excited either because I really didn’t care for any of the singles that were released before the album was.

• Like 1

Might be my fav tbhΒ :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

nothing can top Jack Antonoff production, but then sometimes that creates a scenario where it’s more about him than herΒ :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

I feel like Blue Banisters is just Lana and feels like it just highlights Lana as an artist, instead of Lana highlighting a producer if that makes sense πŸ’›

• Love 1

I love it.. I love her..

Arcadia GIF by Lana Del Rey

I need to listen to it a few more times before I can fully evaluate it or rank it against the rest of her discography. Her vocals sound so raw and more haunted than ever before.

I love where she's going, I loved COCC..I just respect her as an artist and still feel connected to her music and vibe even if she's changed it up so much from the early albums.

"I was one thing, now I'm being another.."

My forever faves are Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and NFR.

But honestly COCC is solid and beautiful (White Dress, TJF, LMLYLAW, Dark But Just a Game, Yosemite, Dance Til We Die) and I don't understand the hate it gets from her fan base. But yeah BB album feels more like a continuation of NFR in a way that COCC did not.

But it's interesting that she does whatever the **** she wants and is just an jnsanely prolific artist and has made such a timeless and impressive body of work in a matter of 10 years.

I love Lana and could gush about her music all day

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN, I thought I was an intellectual for stanning Dealer, but it has quickly become the most popular song on the album, so I'm not the only one. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: Not making it a single would be a dumb move on her part. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

On YouTube, it's sitting prettily at 1,5 million views, while the rest of the songs are in the 100k-600k range, and if you check Spotify, it's currently her 2nd most popular song. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block