Lana Del Rey drops new album 'Blue Banisters'

Im not against Lana as well im not a fan of hers. She's great for what she does, her fanbase is lucky to have every year a new music. She's passionate about what she's doing, but i don't know... I think she lost something on her journey during Ultraviolence. There's a lot of music, but nothing that can suprise you. It wouldn't be better if she would take a 2 years break, create a good album a make a statment with exciting videos like before? Everything it's so low-budget and amateur.... and that's her style i get that, but sometimes it's just too much of that.

35 minutes ago, returcus said:

Im not against Lana as well im not a fan of hers. She's great for what she does, her fanbase is lucky to have every year a new music. She's passionate about what she's doing, but i don't know... I think she lost something on her journey during Ultraviolence. There's a lot of music, but nothing that can suprise you. It wouldn't be better if she would take a 2 years break, create a good album a make a statment with exciting videos like before? Everything it's so low-budget and amateur.... and that's her style i get that, but sometimes it's just too much of that.

I think that's mainly because of how media is dealing with her, she is absolutely tired of wrong portrayal IMO. 

• Like 1

I love Lana but it’s just a little boring. I love how experimental she got for “Lust for life”. And then she released Norman F Rockwell which I liked very much again especially the first half of the album was exciting to me, the second half laid down a little bit. And since then it’s the same sound over and over with minimal degrees of variations. 

But maybe it’s just that all of these slow things coming too fast one after another lol.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll highlight my faves:

1. Text Book - loved the slight beat switches. Also, am I hearing things, or is she already chanting "Black Lives Matter" on the first song? Not looking forward to what people that are more woke than me will have to say about this. :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:
  2. Blue Banisters - kinda boring, but I love the storytelling and mundane little details in the lyrics.
  3. Arcadia - gorgeous lyrics, omg.
  4. Interlude - WTF?! :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:
  5. Black Bathing Suit - it's giving Honeymoon meets BTD (in a good way, of course). I think it's the personality when she sings that's reminding me of BTD.
  6. If You Lie Down with Me - it's pretty, but that's about it. The bridge / outro saved it for me.
  7. Beautiful - it's beautiful. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:
  8. Violets for Roses - not much to say.
  9. Dealer - ok, finally more production elements. It's awesome. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: What are these vocals though? Yup, it's prolly gonna be my fave. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: Ok, so the borderline yelling is the chorus? I'm living, oml. :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:
  10. Thunder - it's great. Was boring at first, but it really picks up and easily becomes one of the highlights.
  11. Wildflower Wildfire - it's not giving much on first listen.
  12. Nectar of the Gods - expected something more epic with a title like that, but it's good. 3am moment in front of the fireplace, methinks.
  13. Living Legend - no thoughts as of now. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:
  14. Cherry Blossom - boring.
  15. Sweet Carolina - hearing "iPhone 11" in a song threw me the f-ck off, but then she rhymed it with "f-ck you, Kevin", so I ain't even mad. :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead: It's gorgeous, and the vocals elevate it to new heights. Another highlight.

Overall, it's obviously impossible for someone like Lana to make a bad album, but I like slightly more high-production music, so it's a bit too samey for an hour-long album, imo. Honeymoon, for example, is even longer, but there's not a single dull moment on that album because the orchestral arrangements and magnificent melodies keep me engaged throughout the entirety of its runtime. She'll never top it, mefears. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block