Why did she stay in California

Oprah Winfrey.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish she had moved to London in 2003 like she had considered. The paparazzi aren’t perfect over here and look at Princess Diana - they hounded her. I just feel like LA is the celebrity hot spot and the paparazzi over there just hit different. 

It’s all well and good to say she should have relocated to a more quieter location where she’d be less bothered but let’s face it nobody wants to move somewhere away from their friends/family. I feel like she should have moved to London or New York. She always says how much she misses living in NYC. Then again she had a whole incident there with her baby because of the press intrusion. Perhaps she was just so huge and sold well that she was going to be hounded anywhere she went which is tragic.

14 hours ago, danny1994 said:

New York definitely would’ve been a better fit, even the paparazzi are a lot more respectful. NYC residents especially, it’s almost a cultural thing here to just leave them alone. I live in a NYC suburb and I’ve seen many celebrities, no one bothers them.

It isn’t fair to compare paparazzi culture now to what it was in the mid-2000s though. Here in LA, it’s basically the same thing. Celebrities are able to roam around without being hounded.

12 hours ago, zxcvb said:

This is what I keep alluding to when I'm talking about late 2004/early 2005.  She was blatantly battling her label with Original Doll, Mona Lisa and Do Somethin.  Yet she never left her label or apparently re-structure her record deal.

She was long past tired of her fame.  Her Everytime video and LaChapelle's comments confirm this.

Wouldn't the next logical step be to move out of the spotlight and THEN attempt a comeback later on? (If she wanted to stay in the industry)

Hmm not sure what my comment had to do with her contract... I was talking about her leaving Cali to live in a more quiet place somewhere else in the US. 

Archived