Britney's 'Born To Make You Happy' is certified Gold in the UK

Slayer

3 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

Thank you for posting this positive news. 🥇 💿 🥇

I thought it'd be nice to have some positive music related Britney news for once! :) 

Everything is so much about her personal life, I don't want it overshadow how much of an absolute icon she is!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I mean globally Lucky was more successful. 

Lucky reached to number #1 in germany. + Switzerland and austria, maybe that's why. 

+ In germany she has 2 number ones, Lucky is one of them. :) 

+ But BTMYH is the better song. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

I think Lucky stood the test of time because people think it's autobiographical, but it's also a BOP.

I didn't know she'd only had 2 #1s in Germany, that's wild!!

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I meant as in ONE of her hugest hits in UK since I have heard many people whom live in Europe say it was as big as BOMT at the time it came out :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Whaaaat :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

The song is probably my favourite off the album but it certainly didn't reach BOMT fame, the next song to do that would've been Oops!

To put it into perspective, it's the final UK #1 to go Gold here, and it sold a third of what BOMT did in Germany

• Love 1

I remember being so pissed when I found out that we didn't get the single or music video here in the US.

It's my favorite song on the album.

Instead we got the whack From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart video. I wouldn't be so salty towards it if we had got Born To Make You Happy.

Also I Will Be There should have been a single too.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, THE_MIKY said:

I loved the song from minute one so much, and when the Bonus Remix came out, I fell in love all over again. Sound of a guitar and i am all yours lol

I glad this version surfaced, but I do feel they made the right call with the final edit.

Although I do wish they had incorporated that "that's the way our life should be yeah" during the final chorus.

• Love 2