Britney's 'Born To Make You Happy' is certified Gold in the UK

Slayer

32 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Shouldn't it be platinum by now? It is one of her hugest hits in the UK :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

I wouldn't call it her hugest hit tbh, definitely her most overlooked number 1

I personally love the song but I hear people talk more about Lucky and that reached #5!

I don't think it's had as much of a lasting impact in comparison to say the likes of Sometimes and Stronger. I think the release was just good timing for the UK market

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Honestly, one of her best songs. I never get tired of it... it's so timeless, and the lyrics are so uplifting yet emotional.  And it describes who she is so well with how kind and caring she is.

It's one of the rare songs ever that has 2 versions (the regular and the guitar version) where I like both equally and can be repeat non-stop. :) 

• Love 2

It drove me nuts when I learned there was a video for "Born To Make You Happy", my favorite "non single" track from the album. I remember trying to catch glimpses of it on the screen of her Live in Hawaii special. Then I believe it finally got a US release, on a McDonalds exclusive VHS tape with NSYNC and Britney. I also remember reading the lyrics to my friend over the phone and pretending they were a poem I'd written! "Born to Slay You Happy" is wonderful.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I personally love the song but I hear people talk more about Lucky and that reached #5!

I don't think it's had as much of a lasting impact in comparison to say the likes of Sometimes and Stronger. I think the release was just good timing for the UK market

I mean globally Lucky was more successful. 

Lucky reached to number #1 in germany. + Switzerland and austria, maybe that's why. 

+ In germany she has 2 number ones, Lucky is one of them. :) 

+ But BTMYH is the better song. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 2
12 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I meant as in ONE of her hugest hits in UK since I have heard many people whom live in Europe say it was as big as BOMT at the time it came out :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 2