What is your current BOP?

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Whitney Houston said:

Honestly this version works more than firecracker version, where are her vocals pitched up

Agree!

I prefer this version over the original one.

It just flows better and I love the sample that was used in this one more than the firecracker one.

I guess in an ironic way, Tommy Motolla did her a favor by stealing that sample and giving to JLO instead

cause honestly I don't think the original version would've been a big hit.

Everything happens for a reason.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Agree!

I prefer this version over the original one.

It just flows better and I love the sample that was used in this one more than the firecracker one.

I guess in an ironic way, Tommy Motolla did her a favor by stealing that sample and giving to JLO instead

cause honestly I don't think the original version would've been a big hit.

Everything happens for a reason.

Back in time I would pay Mariah for perform songs from this album and be proud of it, because she had full control in this album. It took her so long to acknowledge this album. Almost 20 years.

Edited by Whitney Houston
  • Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Whitney Houston said:

Back in time I would pay Mariah for perform songs from this album and be proud of it, because she had full control in this album. It took her so long to acknowledge this album. Almost 20 years.

Oh wow.

I think its because the album and the Glitter movie flopped really hard, right?

I actually think the soundtrack is amazing and one of her best musical works.

The movie was alright though, not the greatest but not as horrible as people made it seemed.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh wow.

I think its because the album and the Glitter movie flopped really hard, right?

I actually think the soundtrack is amazing and one of her best musical works.

The movie was alright though, not the greatest but as horrible as people made it seemed.

She moved that time with this album to Virgin records and they promoted it low, they paid-off her for end their contract with her because it was for them lossy.... like sorry, but one of the biggest stars they pay-off for get rid off her??

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
52 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

She moved that time with this album to Virgin records and they promoted it low, they paid-off her for end their contract with her because it was for them lossy.... like sorry, but one of the biggest stars they pay-off for get rid off her??

Yeah I heard the album flopped hard because it was released on 9/11 but that was not her fault.

No one knew that was going to happen.

I wonder what label she was on when she released her Emancipation of Mimi album cause that was probably the last BIG era that she had in recent years when it comes to her career.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I heard the album flopped hard because it was released on 9/11 but that was not her fault.

No one knew that was going to happen.

I wonder what label she was on when she released her Emancipation of Mimi album cause that was probably the last BIG era that she had in recent years when it comes to her career.

I think the last touch of her "past" peak was "I Want To Know What Love Is"/It's A Wrap" in 2009

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, Whitney Houston said:

I think the last touch of her "past" peak was "I Want To Know What Love Is"/It's A Wrap" in 2009

I read online that I Want To Know What Love Is was a 1# hit in Brazil.

I think that was the last song that sounded like something she would sing in her prime, 

it has that classic Mariah sound in my opinion.

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
19 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

And this?

Oh ok it works now.

Yeah I've heard the song and seen the video before.

I wonder why they had a green screen video for this song, why couldn't they do a video in a real live setting?

I think the song is good but I prefer the original tbh.

However this song should've been a hit in the US cause I think it is similar to her classic ballads from the 90s.

Its just too bad it came out past her prime.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block