Spotify is considering * price hack on their premium service or going *way with the free service, citing they pay 1B * year to obtain licenses to get the clearance for music to be streamed, basically saying those licenses *re like * rental for them for *

Spicechinodiva

Looks like Spotify is thinking a price hike and possibly getting rid of the free service citing That Spotify has to pay 1B to access music licenses and it is every 3 months. 

Basically you want the music, you gotta also pay, cos he's paying to rent the Music every 3 Months. 

However other streaming services like Apple Music, Deezer basically anybody that doesn't have a free plan. Has these licenses for years sometimes a decade. 

It's only Spotify that has to renew every 3 Months, and as you see, he's hurting, Since he's using his own money to get the music. 

Would you be willing to pay 15 a month for the Music. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't with Spotify playing the victim when they are the most popular streaming service but the one who pay the less to artists and they have the audacity to say they can't afford? They just want more money in the expense of the artists. That's one of the reasons I use Tidal, they one of the best paying artists and also the price for the quality they offer is worth it.

What ? I literally understood none of that post. 

And Spotify literally just stated in that article that their subscribers and revenue went up in Q3 due to launching in Russia and their podcast platform.

Everything you are saying is incorrect and just you interpreting things to make it seem shady, it's not. Read the article again. Every company pays licensing fee's and everyone is "renting" the content.

Archived