Gwen Stefani singing her hits as country songs

6 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Lmao, can't believe we went from this

tumblr_okx8wbSWOP1uyfszco1_500.jpg7005815_f520.jpg1170856.jpg?w=614&fit=max&auto=format&q=

to this :

rs_634x1024-151105132959-634.Blake-Shelt

I thought she was so much better than to just settle on “The Voice” and that PR relationship with Blake Shelton (it’s cringe watching them act like a couple - absolutely no chemistry) to generate income. I would’ve thought she’d led much more creative ventures. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

I thought she was so much better than to just settle on “The Voice” and that PR relationship with Blake Shelton (it’s cringe watching them act like a couple - absolutely no chemistry) to generate income. I would’ve thought she’d led much more creative ventures. 

I think her pregnancy brainwashed her a bit, like a lot of other pop singers who mellowed and became more conservative/politically-correct after they had kids.  I remember back then, Gwen seemed less consensual and conventional. She used to be very risk-taking and not afraid to be polarizing. She was naturally "edgy" and didn't need to try hard to have that cool factor.

She experimented, as much artistically as in her clothing choices, she was on fire. It started to change after her second solo album.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

I watched her “Web’s most searched questions” interview and learned she can’t play a single instrument which I thought was bizarre for a rock legend :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

She’s not really playing a guitar in that clip with Jimmy. It looks like she’s strumming the same basic C chord over and over :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Well see, what's up with that? I'll always consider Gwen a "main pop girl", but sometimes I feel like she's wasting her talents and just giving half of what she's actually capable of... But whenever she's performing she seems to be giving her 100%, so that confuses me too. I guess sometimes she just doesn't want to work that hard? I mean she should definitely know how to play at least the guitar by now... I DON'T KNOW ugh

• Like 1
18 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

I watched her “Web’s most searched questions” interview and learned she can’t play a single instrument which I thought was bizarre for a rock legend :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

She’s not really playing a guitar in that clip with Jimmy. It looks like she’s strumming the same basic C chord over and over :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

She learned a bit of guitar tho. She’s very forgetful. Out of the guitar lessons she took from Tom (No Doubt’s guitarist) came out a couple of ND fan favorites like “Hey You,” “Simple Kind Of Life” & Suspension Without Suspense.” The last two mentioned being written entirely by herself. If she would’ve continued her guitar playing we’d have more great songs like that. I don’t think learning to play an instrument was ever a priority for her since there are so many band members in ND. There were about 7 or 8 band members at the start of No Doubt in 1986. You also gotta remember that all of the ND hits (except It’s my life) are written by her and the guys from ND. Not a writing camp. 🙂

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block