"Oops!...I Did it Again: Remixes & B-Sides" debuts at #136 on the Billboard 200

• Leader
22 hours ago, VCTR said:

First of all, that’s an interesting number because the Record Store Day website says it’s limited to 4,600 in the United States. 

Second of all, that doesn’t actually mean they sold 8k to actual people. It means they sold 8k to record stores and the record store MAY have sold it. I asked my friends that own a record store and participate in RSD and they do not report their sales to anyone and they cannot return unsold RSD records.  They’re stuck with them. 

All the tea SPILT. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

On 10/5/2020 at 1:35 PM, VCTR said:

First of all, that’s an interesting number because the Record Store Day website says it’s limited to 4,600 in the United States. 

Second of all, that doesn’t actually mean they sold 8k to actual people. It means they sold 8k to record stores and the record store MAY have sold it. I asked my friends that own a record store and participate in RSD and they do not report their sales to anyone and they cannot return unsold RSD records.  They’re stuck with them. 

Interesting. But it does say something that the record store owners were excited for it and thought they could sell them. And with a limited release, I bet they either sold out or almost sold out. 

I woke up early on Record Store Day and went searching and searching. One place I talked to said they had two copies and sold both (this was an hour after opening). No one else had it (I didn't ask if they had it and sold it) except this one place I found two hours after opening. That's when I got mine =)

On 10/5/2020 at 8:32 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Do you have a source for the 4000 copies in the UK? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I do know that people have alleged that some U.S. stores got the Europe version. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

There's two different vinyl releases... the US one is translucent baby blue with blue splatter and the european one is opaque baby blue.
The opaque baby blue was indeed produced in the UK, you can easily see "Made in the EU":
R-15884060-1601119764-7962.jpeg.jpg

The US RSD website listed this release as 4600 copies:
https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/11963

If Billboard is claiming 8k were sold...