Verzuz Presents: Brandy vs Monica

Brandy and Monica went head to head on Verzuz in a hit-for-hit battle.

They touched on their former feud and their rekindled friendship.

“I really am a straight shooter and I really do admire what you do musically,” Monica said. Brandy responded, “I just need you to know that I have the utmost love and respect for you, no matter the times where it seemed like I didn’t.”

The rounds:

Round 1:

Brandy: What About Us?
Monica: Everything to Me

Round 2:

Brandy: He Is
Monica: A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me)

Round 3:

Brandy: Full Moon
Monica: So Gone

Round 4:

Brandy: I Wanna Be Down (Remix) [ft. MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, Yo-Yo]
Monica: Don’t Take It Personal (Just One of Dem Days)

Round 5:

Brandy: Baby
Monica: Like This and Like That

Round 6:

Brandy: Angel in Disguise
Monica: U Should’ve Known Better

Round 7:

Brandy, Gladys Knight, Tamia, Chaka Khan: Missing You
Monica: For You I Will

Round 8:

Brandy: Almost Doesn’t Count
Monica: Why I Love You So Much

Round 9:

Brandy: Brokenhearted [ft. Wanya Morris]
Monica: Love All Over Me

Round 10:

Monica: Anything to Find You [ft. Rick Ross]
Brandy: Top of the World [ft. Mase]

Round 11:

Monica: Still Standing [ft. Ludacris]
Brandy: Borderline

Round 12:

Monica: Commitment
Brandy & Daniel Caesar: LOVE AGAIN

Round 13:

Usher: Slow Jam [ft. Monica]
Brandy: Put It Down [ft. Chris Brown]

Round 14:

Monica: The First Night
Brandy: Who Is She 2 U

Round 15:

Monica: Knock Knock [ft. Missy Elliott]
Brandy: Best Friend

Round 16:

Monica: Before You Walk Out of My Life
Brandy: Sittin’ Up in My Room

Round 17:

Monica: Everytime tha Beat Drop [ft. Dem Franchise Boyz]
Brandy: Talk About Our Love [ft. Kanye West]

Round 18:

Monica: Sideline Ho
Brandy: Put That on Everything

Round 19:

Keyshia Cole: Trust [ft. Monica]
Brandy: When You Touch Me

Round 20:

Monica: Just Right for Me [ft. Lil Wayne]
Brandy: Have You Ever

Round 21:

Monica: Angel of Mine
Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine

Highlights:

verzuz.jpg.11b7f4bf496cac42c5da02180f077cb8.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

This will go down as the best versus in history. 

It definitely felt like they had mad respect for each other. This brought back memories of Fifth grade through middle school years. 

I caught the second half, but on my timeline Brandy came prepared launched her set with 2002's futuristic European dance R&B pre feedback Janet Jackson with What about us?  I knew the way she launched her catalog was trouble for Monica with that launch of Brandy being ahead of everybody else in terms of E&B music 

The second half Brandy launched with Top of the world with mase. I was dancing and singing. 

Monica won this one with Still standing 

But Brandy matched her her debut Album track Best friend (dedicated to Ray j), Monica then brought in a song she recorded at 12 from her debut Album "walk out my life", then it went to duets. Brandy started with her huge r&B hit Put it down with Chris brown (seriously brandy didn't come to play, every move she did was strategic like she played chess with her catalog), for Monica's duet she brought in Trust with Keyshia Cole, that brought back memories..

Brandy ended her duets with The underrated talk about our love with Kanye West, Monica lost this round cos she ended her duets with slow Jam with Usher. 

Shameless plug on new material, mainly for B7. Brandy started with the Grammy nominated love again with Daniel Caesar, Monica played commitment, Brandy also plugged in her critically acclaimed song Borderline from her new album, Monica ended it with Sideline ***. 

To where Brandy as a generation X dragged Millennials basically saying this is just a classy way of being a skut, *** has money and knows how to charm, the other well they have only fans for that kinda talk, Monica laughed as she caught the shade. 

So the finale Happened. Brandy cleaned it up with the middle school classic put that on everything, Monica played a ballad from her second studio album that Brandy was told came close to going to #1. But I got blocked by what might be the double edge checkpoint From you, Brandy said and here's the checkmate, Monica's favorite brandy song the classic 1999 prom anthem "Have you ever", Monica knew she lost after that card. She said. I concede here's my bowing out song "Angel of Mine".

Then Brandy introduced the big celebratory finale the most successful #1 female collaboration of all time in the US hot 100, the biggest hit of summer of 1998, and overall the biggest hit that year. 

The 13 weeks at #1, The boy is mine.

That's the way to end with a epic finale. Where it all began with these two. 

I gave you the condensed version. 

But Brandy played it smart, and Monica knew after she played the have you ever card, she couldn't top that one.

@Jordan Miller

If anything one comment said it best. This is better than any VMAS in the last six. Years including last night's version. 

• Love 1

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158815681434581&id=75791669580&sfnsn=mo&extid=tHnc6SORUrMlgIUq

While The doves seriously thought Monica was going to win, Fans of both knew right away That it was going to be the vocal Bible..

And we were Right. 

Brandy won 12 out of 20 rounds. 

Monica won a few times, but even billboard said several times it was a tie. 

Brandy's 90s catalog Singles and catalog tracks was why she won.

Monica unfortunately did a huge mistake. By using her 20th song Right for me, Brandy delivered what Billboard calls the ultimate knockout in Verzus history by having her 20th and final song be "Have you ever", Monica played her #1 hit "Angel of Mine" but it was disqualified, as it was over the 20 song limit. 

Winner Brandy

Ultimate K.O. Brandy

People's champ tie. 

Best bonus "The boy is mine"

Ultimate star ended up being Brandy as she was singing both her catalog and Monica's catalog, billboard criticized Monica for not being as celebratory of their music like Brandy was, But Monica announced that A brandy and Monica tour is happening officially once the pandemic is over. 

9 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158815681434581&id=75791669580&sfnsn=mo&extid=tHnc6SORUrMlgIUq

While The doves seriously thought Monica was going to win, Fans of both knew right away That it was going to be the vocal Bible..

And we were Right. 

Brandy won 12 out of 20 rounds. 

Monica won a few times, but even billboard said several times it was a tie. 

Brandy's 90s catalog Singles and catalog tracks was why she won.

Monica unfortunately did a huge mistake. By using her 20th song Right for me, Brandy delivered what Billboard calls the ultimate knockout in Verzus history by having her 20th and final song be "Have you ever", Monica played her #1 hit "Angel of Mine" but it was disqualified, as it was over the 20 song limit. 

Winner Brandy

Ultimate K.O. Brandy

People's champ tie. 

Best bonus "The boy is mine"

Ultimate star ended up being Brandy as she was singing both her catalog and Monica's catalog, billboard criticized Monica for not being as celebratory of their music like Brandy was, But Monica announced that A brandy and Monica tour is happening officially once the pandemic is over. 

iTunes says Monica won 🤷🏽‍♂️

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.