Africans and Jamaicans are dragging black Americans on Twitter

23 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Let’s see the receipts Spice. Some of these comments sound like repressed feelings :mhmnod:

Not OP, but I saw plenty of that while looking through the trending topic. It seems like whether they're white or black, internationals are not here for the messiness of Americans and mostly stood by Adele, who was celebrating an African festival of some kind in her hometown. :queenflopga:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much deserved tbh...  my relatives always call me to say what's wrong with these people here in America lol.   These people don't know what real racism and cultural appropriation is.

And not just black Americans... it's America in general in the last decade or so... just every day there's some sort of overly-sensitive outrage over little things that don't matter in the larger scale of things.

Like last time, black Twitter was trying to cancel a store for having a shirt that said 'king of the jungle' or 'monkey' or something like that with a black baby modelling it, and his own mother from Africa said she didn't find it racist at all and calls her son a little monkey (like many parents of all races do).

You often hear the same from immigrants from Jamaica, Africa, and all parts of the world who think that Americans are so overly-sensitive and think everything is offensive. Just work hard and live life and stop caring what others think.

And even worse, I often get bullied to agree with Americans of the same skin tone as me, whereas my immigrant friends and relatives of same skin tone don't. We prefer to be free thinkers and think for ourselves and appreciate all cultures.  Kanye was kind of talking about this, but he didn't really express it well enough. But I'm glad at least tried because it's important to be an individual and think for ourselves while celebrating our cultures.

Archived