New "Haunted Mansion" Reboot In the Works at Disney

Disney is rebooting "The Haunted Mansion" with writer Katie Dippold ("Parks and Recreation," "The Heat," "Snatched") and producers that brought us last year's live-action hit "Aladdin." 

The movie is based off of a ride that was opened in Disneyland in 1969 and has been a staple ever since. It also spawned a 2003 movie of the same name starring Eddie Murphy. The original movie was a box office success, but never spawned a sequel.

Disney has had success with movies based off of rides before with "Pirates of the Caribbean" being the most obvious example. They also tried to base another film from a ride called "The Country Bears," which was not successful. I guess we'll see which route this one takes! 

I'm super excited for this considering the first movie brought us THIS bop of a cover by Raven-Symone :raven:

Source:

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/haunted-mansion-new-movie-disney-1234752935/

84632F1A-3836-4A77-9DB6-BA5B0F0FCCD8.thumb.jpeg.684e0f7248eaa939f99335d0775f4e42.jpeg

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I’m excited for it! I loved the one with Eddie Murphy :yay:

I'm so excited for it too!!! The Eddie Murphy one is SUPER underrated!

7 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It looks ok to me :riri: and they’re rebooting everything now. This is the true mark of us getting old when they reboot things that came out when we were kids :pretends:

I'm trying to figure out how to embed things to where it makes the little video box pop up and people can just watch it here. But I'm a flop :typing::katyclown:

I don't really take it as getting old. They've rebooted Batman like 42 times since we've been alive! :zoomzoom:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I'm so excited for it too!!! The Eddie Murphy one is SUPER underrated!

I'm trying to figure out how to embed things to where it makes the little video box pop up and people can just watch it here. But I'm a flop :typing::katyclown:

I don't really take it as getting old. They've rebooted Batman like 42 times since we've been alive! :zoomzoom:

Oh that’s what you meant! Ok I fixed it and I hope I chose the right video for what you were talking about because it wouldn’t let me click on the video you posted :haha:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guurrrlll!!!  :ahhh: I absolutely love this little franchise - ride, movie, and the video game. I didn’t think anyone even remembers it! I’m definitely obsessed with the video game, got mint on my GameCube.  :ohwut:  I finished it all the way through once or twice, and now as an adult craving some major feel good Nostalgia, IM having fun playing it again. Does anyone here remember it? Some of the rooms are Hard!  :yesokay:

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Guurrrlll!!!  :ahhh: I absolutely love this little franchise - ride, movie, and the video game. I didn’t think anyone even remembers it! I’m definitely obsessed with the video game, got mint on my GameCube.  :ohwut:  I finished it all the way through once or twice, and now as an adult craving some major feel good Nostalgia, IM having fun playing it again. Does anyone here remember it? Some of the rooms are Hard!  :yesokay:

I LOVED the movie. Like watched it ALL. THE. TIME. I still love it! I've never been to the ride though. It's something I want to do SO BADLY. I am planning to go maybe next year! 

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY HAD A GAME! :wow:

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

I've known about this for years. The 2003 film was cute for a family movie but not a great film - Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite Disney rides and deserves an epic movie! A lot of the people that are working on it have worked on really bad movies so I'm hoping Disney can pull through with this one.

I’m just glad they are giving the movie another shot! It deserves a chance! There aren’t enough family-friendly spooky movies! 👻 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

I'm hoping they learn from the 2003 film and really try to do the attraction justice!

I really did like the 2003 movie. It was funny, and the visuals were great. It just made you feel spooked out in certain things while also knowing it was all gonna be okay because Eddie Murphy was gonna make you laugh at any moment. You could count on it. PLUS it had a great love story and we got Terrence Stamp as Ramsley! 😍

• Love 1
2 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I really did like the 2003 movie. It was funny, and the visuals were great. It just made you feel spooked out in certain things while also knowing it was all gonna be okay because Eddie Murphy was gonna make you laugh at any moment. You could count on it. PLUS it had a great love story and we got Terrence Stamp as Ramsley! 😍

I liked it, I didn't love it. I want them to give the same love to HM as they did to Pirates of the Caribbean. I doubt the budget will be as big, but this is a classic classic Disney ride - give it to the royal treatment!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

This isn't going to work because Disney will never make a proper scary movie.

Already calling this will be goofy as hell and a disappointment.

It needs to be more of the darker tone the Pirates movies have.

It can still have funny moments, but it really needs to have that tone.

I would LOVE it to have a darker tone, but I also remember being younger and loving that the movie wasn’t super crazy because that meant my parents would let me watch it. The best movies are the family-friendly spooky flicks you get to watch every Halloween like Hocus Pocus. That’s not a scary movie but it’s beloved by millions of people. ❤️

4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Why does Disney keep doing reboots and remakes??
Its like they care about money than art.

They should leave their movies ALONE!

ITS DESTROYING THEIR LEGACY!!

I think they just want to make new ones because kids these days deserve to make their own memories with these films. Yeah, not every film needs remade but you’re probably not gonna convince a 6 year old to watch snow-white. Her voice is whiny and the animation is so old. People want stories with updated graphics and bearable cast. What was good back then is classic yes, but it isn’t popular anymore. So they go to the vault and recycle. Granted, that shouldn’t excuse them from creating original content too.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block