Lisa MacCarley, the probate attorney that supports #FreeBritney shares a conservatorship case: "This case has haunted me for years"

Catalin

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, Forever22 said:

Britney’s case is a game changer. I hope the laws change after this. But first #freebritney 

And I’m not wishing this as another thing to brag about (even it is sorta) the fact that she’s a celebrity will draw attention to corruption of the system so pressure is put to protect people from people like Lou. I’m sure there are tons of them all over America. Even if she doesn’t do anything or influence anything, to see someone like her get caught in this will bring lots of concerns and discussion amongst the media of how people can get away with these things. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Puppy said:

And I’m not wishing this as another thing to brag about (even it is sorta) the fact that she’s a celebrity will draw attention to corruption of the system so pressure is put to protect people from people like Lou. I’m sure there are tons of them all over America. Even if she doesn’t do anything or influence anything, to see someone like her get caught in this will bring lots of concerns and discussion amongst the media of how people can get away with these things. 

Imagine if J*mie serves some years in prison because of this.

1 hour ago, Catalin said:

Imagine if J*mie serves some years in prison because of this.

unlikely. My impression is that most of the ongoings are the law being abused, not broken. Unlawful and unethical are two very different things. The latter of which has little to no legal implications, unfortunately.  Judges have been signing off on this for years. And unless there is corruption all the way up the chain, it’s probably all viewed as “legally sound”. Not a lawyer and have absolutely zero education on the matter, I’m just thinking out loud. 

Archived