Does a person’s ***uality influence their taste in music?

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

What asked me if I’m gay? Yeah in middle and high school just because I stanned Britney :haha: I had to be low key later on because I didn’t want to keep being asked :kidcries:

Surprisingly it’s the girls that ask me that.  Like a lot of my female friends admitted to me that they initially thought I was gay. In my head I was thinking “that explains all the many hangouts shopping and asking my opinion on clothes.:jl:“One of them even told me she thought I was gay because I didn’t hit on her right away even though I secretly had a crush on her and was just shy about it. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This the same type of **** I hated growing up. Have you ever heard someone ask a woman “why are you listening to Eminem and Kanye? Are you a lesbian or something?” I hate this stereotypical **** and brought back so many memories being asked that. I wanted to be like yes I’m gay tenor.gif

I know... it sucks. I wish I had the power to say in their faces “Yes, I stan Britney and I am gay”, but I don’t have it.... till this day I live in a society where I have to pretend. What’s sad, is that I’m 25 and my friends and family are starting to ask me “where’s your girlfriend? Why aren’t you married already?” 

It’s sick.... then you wonder why you wanna leave this f continent and move in the woods. 

• Love 3

I don't know, I'd say there's some truth to it. You can't deny that many pop girls stans are gay. Think about Madonna, Britney, Cher, ... (nearly) all gay icons are female. You can't go around that.

Though, your parents also influence your taste in music. My parents like Prince, early Madonna, Meatloaf, Bon Jovi, David Bowie, ... though I am not a fan of any of them, I do like most of their hits.

Sexuality, your surrounding, ... it does INFLUENCE your taste in music, I wouldn't say it DEPENDS your taste in music but it definitely has got SOME effect/results. The same with political preferences which are also greatly influenced by your parents, though not 100%.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block