TKyle & Bradley Stern take sanctimonious to the next level

I don’t understand how people can hate what they said... I think how they handled their opinion when the movement first started was kinda awful but they make sense rn. People have taken a serious concern and made it a conspiracy of asking her to wear stuff and post stuff and then looking into her following numbers and her eyelashes as a call for help and then actually calling the cops on her. They acknowledge that freebritney has an actual cause that isn’t being focused on in the right way

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

I don’t understand how people can hate what they said... I think how they handled their opinion when the movement first started was kinda awful but they make sense rn. People have taken a serious concern and made it a conspiracy of asking her to wear stuff and post stuff and then looking into her following numbers and her eyelashes as a call for help and then actually calling the cops on her. They acknowledge that freebritney has an actual cause that isn’t being focused on in the right way

They're right to say that those crazy theories shouldn't be entertained, I ageee. But then they go on to say that because ppl have been posting these that they'll no longer be discussing the topic. Like, what? Ok. It's like me saying, "the weather guy didn't tell me it was going to rain today but it did therefore I refuse to discuss the topic of weather from here on out". It's just a convenient way for them to opt out of taking part in the movement, which for any true Britney fan, is unforgivable.  

54 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

It's worth listening to if you want to get angry. I'm in the same spot as you with this. I appreciate this podcast because there's no other audio anthology of Britney's career, and to be fair, they do make some solid points about the wacky theories going around, but they take on an inexplicably sanctimonious stance on the issue of the conservatorship.  They make a big show about how morally superior they are than the fans posting crazy conspiracy theories (fair enough, I guess) but they then somehow use that as an excuse to refuse to address the subject of the conservatorship ever again. Like, I get that there's some lousy theories going around but I don't understand how that translates to them abandoning the issue despite the fact that they have their own concerns (which they magically never touch on). [ ........ ] It's infuriating because it all appears reasonable and logical the way they present it at first glance, but the more you follow their logic it's just self-righteous and avoidant of the issues that supposedly matter the most to us fans. 

Couldn't have said it any better - perfectly sums up my feelings as well.

2 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

They're right to say that those crazy theories shouldn't be entertained, I ageee. But then they go on to say that because ppl have been posting these that they'll no longer be discussing the topic. Like, what? Ok. It's like me saying, "the weather guy didn't tell me it was going to rain today but it did therefore I refuse to discuss the topic of weather from here on out". It's just a convenient way for them to opt out of taking part in the movement, which for any true Britney fan, is unforgivable.  

I agree so ******g much it's insane. And their non-support is especially unfortunate considering the fact that they actually are level-headed, intelligent people regardless of anyone's feelings about them personally/professionally.

2 minutes ago, David Rose said:

I agree so ******g much it's insane. And their silence is especially unfortunate considering the fact that they actually are level-headed, intelligent people regardless of anyone's feelings about them personally/professionally.

Thank you so much for saying this. I've been making a stink about this here and on twitter and I was starting to think nobody understood. Also, love your username to death :sendinglove:

5 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Thank you so much for saying this. I've been making a stink about this here and on twitter and I was starting to think nobody understood. Also, love your username to death :sendinglove:

No, I totally feel you. Ultimately I cant understand why they cant give the benefit of the doubt to Britney herself, who very clearly wants her independence, and acknowledge the myriad of blatantly sketchy **** happening and use that to perpetuate a logical, sane argument for the betterment of the movement as a whole. Instead they nitpick on some admittedly flimsy conspiracy theories and use that as an excuse to not say anything.

I understand where they're coming from, but it's just so frustrating how they're handling it. I don't even think it's about staying in her team's good graces honestly, I just feel like they want to feel morally superior as you said and show off how "woke" they are, but it's *****ng bull***t.

2 minutes ago, David Rose said:

No, I totally feel you. Ultimately I cant understand why they cant give the benefit of the doubt to Britney herself, who very clearly wants her independence, and acknowledge the myriad of blatantly sketchy **** happening and use that to perpetuate a logical, sane argument for the betterment of the movement as a whole. Instead they nitpick on some admittedly flimsy conspiracy theories and use that as an excuse to not say anything.

I understand where they're coming from, but it's just so frustrating how they're handling it. I don't even think it's about staying in her team's good graces honestly, I just feel like they want to feel morally superior as you said and show off how "woke" they are, but it's *****ng bull***t.

Agreed. Not sure if you listen to Eat, Pray, Britney pod - I know they're not always as profesh and polished as the other Britney-related podcasts but their latest episode was a masterclass on handling the Kanye situation with class, dispelling the bad tiktok theories and offering some of their valid criticisms of the movement without the over-the-top sanctimoniousness and without detracting from the core message of the movement. I don't recommend their whole body of work but their latest episode is worth a listen if you're interested in this imo. 

33 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Agreed. Not sure if you listen to Eat, Pray, Britney pod - I know they're not always as profesh and polished as the other Britney-related podcasts but their latest episode was a masterclass on handling the Kanye situation with class, dispelling the bad tiktok theories and offering some of their valid criticisms of the movement without the over-the-top sanctimoniousness and without detracting from the core message of the movement. I don't recommend their whole body of work but their latest episode is worth a listen if you're interested in this imo. 

I'm gonna check it out! Thanks. :sendinglove:

Archived