Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift discography

I’m not a fan of neither of them but I don’t dislike any of them either. I just know their singles and I have to say that Gaga’s are way more impactful and iconic. Taylor has been commercially successful but she didn’t have any impact or a really iconic moment, I think Lady Gaga overall will always be a bigger name in music history than Taylor’s.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Adriannn said:

State of Grace is my favorite song by her, ever! It’s rock and roll and she slays it.

So back in 2012 I was flying to see my boyfriend while he was on military leave, he had been deployed for 6 months, and Red leaked the day before my flight and that album takes me back to that person I was 8 years ago.  Oh how times have changed.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

So back in 2012 I was flying to see my boyfriend while he was on military leave, he had been deployed for 6 months, and Red leaked the day before my flight and that album takes me back to that person I was 8 years ago.  Oh how times have changed.  

I can’t believe Red came out in 2012. It also brings me lots of memories. I was dating someone and Begin Again was so descriptive of it. Sad Beautiful Tragic makes me lie on the floor. State of Graces turns me up big time, and well I can go on about the every song. 

• Love 3

I have to go with Taylor on this one... :yaknow: It's hard to compare, because Gaga has so many amazing hits... but Taylor is a little more timeless and relatable for me. And so many of her albums are masterpieces from beginning to end. Gaga has too many songs that I dislike from her albums, including the entire album of Joanne. :trash:

Love 'em both tho :) 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Gaga is a way better singer than Taylor.

Taylor is better performer than Gaga.

Gaga has more single sales.

Taylor has more album sales.

They both broke many records.

Gaga is more iconic than Taylor.

Taylor is more relevant than Gaga. 

Overall, they are both really successful and popular, but I would choose Gaga :embarrassney: 

• Love 7
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

I am here for this convo again now that Folklore is out :fran::imok:

I don't understand a lot of the points made here.

The title of the thread asked about discography. Gaga is definitely a better performer with the ability to create many iconic moments and singles. But, she does not have a good discography. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I don't understand a lot of the points made here.

The title of the thread asked about discography. Gaga is definitely a better performer with the ability to create many iconic moments and singles. But, she does not have a good discography. 

Agree with you 100%. I'm a Gaga stan and she has more iconic moments but Tay has the better discography overall. Folklore really cemented that for me.

• Love 2

They are so different to be compared.
Of the first Taylor albums I liked 2006 and Fearless (only some songs). :awww: I loved Red, 1989, reputation and folklore. :tiffanynod: Lover I've never been able to listen to it in its entirety (I don't know why it sounds like fun). 
As for Gaga, I absolutely loved the era The fame and artpop. The rest of the eras I rescue one or another song for nothing that I really like so much :janet:... so I stay with Taylor :endit:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.