Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift discography

I honestly feel like Gaga hasn’t made good music since BTW but that’s my opinion. She’s had a handful of decent songs since then.

However, Taylor just delivers more consistently for me. She also has more of a variety of music that fits different moods. I would actually she has one of the best discographies in pop music. Period.

its funny bc I would never go out of my way to see Taylor. But I do love her and I absolutely love her music. That being said, Gaga as a person, performer - I may prefer a little more. Love for them both though.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Honestly, Folklore is the first album that makes me say "that is true talent". Before it, I never saw the big deal about Taylor. Yes, each record had about 3-5 solid, good songs, but I never found myself impressed consistently with any of her writing. Now, her performances were never memorable (she has gotten better with her acoustic ones though) and her videos were, for the most part, utterly childish and silly (I loved Wildest Dreams and a Blank Space and I admit Look what you... Was a good visual) but I felt she was desperately catering to get attention. 

I do agree that Gaga has some songs and albums that are slightly niche, but she always seemed more artistic and definitely, way more magnetic onstage. 

Nonetheless they are extremely different artists. 

I guess I listen to more early Gaga (hated this last album) and more later Taylor (her first records are awful, truly awful to me. She was cheesier than a quesadilla.)

• Love 1

Taylor Swift hands down for me. 
In terms of personality, Taylor is likeable and relatable. I personally don’t find that Gaga is this, at all.

In terms of music, Gaga’s music is very hit or miss. Not consistent at all. 
Taylor’s music feels extremely realistic and it has the ability to really take you to so many different places.

She is one of the most versatile artist out there. I’m blown away at how well she can do an angry "vapid" style pop song such as LWYMMD and then create one of the most touching songs I’ve ever heard, August. 
Ya, Taylor is that *****. 

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Sharkney said:

Taylor Swift hands down for me. 
In terms of personality, Taylor is likeable and relatable. I personally don’t find that Gaga is this, at all.

In terms of music, Gaga’s music is very hit or miss. Not consistent at all. 
Taylor’s music feels extremely realistic and it has the ability to really take you to so many different places.

She is one of the most versatile artist out there. I’m blown away at how well she can do an angry "vapid" style pop song such as LWYMMD and then create one of the most touching songs I’ve ever heard, August. 
Ya, Taylor is that *****. 

I find Gaga much more real and nice as a person. Idk I feel like if I want a mom or elder sister, I'd prefer Gaga.

In terms of Taylor Swift's discography, reputation is the only album I really don't like. I really hated End Game.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • 10 months later...

(ALBUM)

LADY GAGA = The Fame/Monster is still the most certified female album of all time with 80M singles and 20M albums which is a total of 100M records sold and that’s only pure sales.  

TAYLOR SWIFT = 1989 = 11M albums with rerelease also and 32M singles and a portion of her albums are sold in 99 cents.

(MOVIE)

A Star Is Born is the highest grossing movie starring a musician that grossed 436M and the critical acclaim of that movie is tremendous.

Whereas, CATS lost 100M which is considered one of the worst movies OF ALL TIME.

(MAJOR AWARDS)

LADY GAGA has OSCARS, 12 GRAMMYs, 2 GOLDEN GLOBES, 2 CRITICS CHOICE, a BAFTA, and 3 BRITs

TAYLOR SWIFT has 11 GRAMMYs, and EMMY and 2 BRITs.

(VOCAL ABILITIES and LIVE PERFORMANCES)

LADY GAGAs SOUND OF MUSIC performance alone or even just the VMAs performance PAPARAZZI can easily out-shadow Taylor’s entire existence.

Gaga was considered an A Rated vocalist by music critics whereas Taylor is considered a D Rated vocalist alongside Selena Gomez her bestie. I don’t even wanna call them vocalists 😂 

(FASHION)

LAD GAGAs MEAT DRESS 🥩 made a cultural impact and has been put on display at the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio.

TAYLOR SWIFT = 🐍 

(MUSIC VIDEOS)

LADY GAGAs BAD ROMANCE music videos has been named by music critics as the BEST MUSIC VIDEO of the 21st CENTURY on Billboard.

Whereas TAYLOR SWIFTs BAD BLOOD was criticized by the PUBLIC for tearing a woman down with her SQUAD which as also an acclaimed music video.

And lastly,

LADY GAGA curated, One World: Together at Home (also known as Together at Home) a benefit concert that was organized by Global Citizen of New York City and curated by singer Lady Gaga, in support of the World Health Organization. The special was intended to promote the practice of social distancing while staying together during the COVID-19 pandemic

IN CONCLUSION, LADY GAGA will be 1M times ahead of TAYLOR. She’s legendary iconic, all-encompassing and the most impactful ARTIST of the MILLENNIUM. ❤️ ❤️ 

• Like 1
On 7/18/2020 at 6:11 AM, Sourab Patodi said:

Taylor outsold lady Gaga..she is way better 

any day Taylor is only album artist who make a great album. Gaga want only singles!

Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>Gaga 

terms of sales, tours, Grammy, impact, 4 million selling album in a week, only artist to have diamond single and album, outsold Gaga’s tour, Gaga need Ariana grande to be number 1, Taylor doesn’t need anyone, Taylor is more powerful, confident 

taylor >>> Gaga 

ALBUM)

LADY GAGA = The Fame/Monster is still the most certified female album of all time with 80M singles and 20M albums which is a total of 100M records sold and that’s only pure sales.  

TAYLOR SWIFT = 1989 = 11M albums with rerelease also and 32M singles and a portion of her albums are sold in 99 cents.

(MOVIE)

A Star Is Born is the highest grossing movie starring a musician that grossed 436M and the critical acclaim of that movie is tremendous.

Whereas, CATS lost 100M which is considered one of the worst movies OF ALL TIME.

(MAJOR AWARDS)

LADY GAGA has OSCARS, 12 GRAMMYs, 2 GOLDEN GLOBES, 2 CRITICS CHOICE, a BAFTA, and 3 BRITs

LADY GAGAs SOUND OF MUSIC performance alone or even just the VMAs performance PAPARAZZI can easily out-shadow Taylor’s entire existence.

Gaga was considered an A Rated vocalist by music critics whereas Taylor is considered a D Rated vocalist alongside Selena Gomez her bestie. I don’t even wanna call them vocalists 😂 

(FASHION)

LAD GAGAs MEAT DRESS 🥩 made a cultural impact and has been put on display at the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio.

TAYLOR SWIFT = 🐍 

(MUSIC VIDEOS)

LADY GAGAs BAD ROMANCE music videos has been named by music critics as the BEST MUSIC VIDEO of the 21st CENTURY on Billboard.

Whereas TAYLOR SWIFTs BAD BLOOD was criticized by the PUBLIC for tearing a woman down with her SQUAD which as also an acclaimed music video.

And lastly,

LADY GAGA curated, One World: Together at Home (also known as Together at Home) a benefit concert that was organized by Global Citizen of New York City and curated by singer Lady Gaga, in support of the World Health Organization. The special was intended to promote the practice of social distancing while staying together during the COVID-19 pandemic

IN CONCLUSION, LADY GAGA will be 1M times ahead of TAYLOR. She’s legendary iconic, all-encompassing and the most impactful ARTIST of the MILLENNIUM. ❤️ ❤️ 

• Love 1
On 7/18/2020 at 6:11 AM, Sourab Patodi said:

Taylor outsold lady Gaga..she is way better 

any day Taylor is only album artist who make a great album. Gaga want only singles!

Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>Gaga 

terms of sales, tours, Grammy, impact, 4 million selling album in a week, only artist to have diamond single and album, outsold Gaga’s tour, Gaga need Ariana grande to be number 1, Taylor doesn’t need anyone, Taylor is more powerful, confident 

taylor >>> Gaga 

ALBUM)

(MOVIE)

(MAJOR AWARDS)

Gaga was considered an A Rated vocalist by music critics whereas Taylor is considered a D Rated vocalist alongside Selena Gomez her bestie. I don’t even wanna call them vocalists 😂 

(FASHION)

LAD GAGAs MEAT DRESS 🥩 made a cultural impact and has been put on display at the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio.

TAYLOR SWIFT = 🐍 

(MUSIC VIDEOS)

And lastly,

IN CONCLUSION, LADY GAGA will be 1M times ahead of TAYLOR. She’s legendary iconic, all-encompassing and the most impactful ARTIST of the MILLENNIUM. ❤️ ❤️ 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, X L said:

ALBUM)

(MOVIE)

(MAJOR AWARDS)

(FASHION)

TAYLOR SWIFT = 🐍 

(MUSIC VIDEOS)

And lastly,

Taylor Swift album sales (pure) = 51m / Taylor Swift's tour grossing so far = $925,638,545.

Lady Gaga album sales (pure) = 35m / Lady Gaga's tour grossing so far = $574,044,007.

Who cares if Gaga had the biggest impact of the two more than 10 years ago? Her numbers are way behind Taylor's

• Love 2

Gaga is a way, way superior vocalist and musician. Her classical training shows. 

Now, I truly find Taylor's first 3 records sooooo boring, simple, childish almost and so vanilla, except for maybe one song that if reworked could shine. 

Gaga's The Fame Monster is also so much better, complex and deeper than Reputation (which could be somewhat similar in certain arrangements and approaches to the Fame) and Gaga's earlier days were also much more fun than Taylor's. Having said that, and still being a lesser technical artist in every sense, the lyricism and flow Taylor reached on Evermore and Folklore is just great. I agree, Gaga is very hit and miss and I think she (to me) sometimes comes as a bit too cerebral in her compositions and her lyrics are mostly meh (she has good ones but boy does she have some silly ones too) . What I mean is, she wants to show off her musicianship and knowledge and it's good, but it kind of disconnects her from a better consistency. Taylor had reached the point of total dullness in Lover (again, except for a couple songs as with all her records, there were always a couple songs that were OK, no more). I seriously couldn't digest any more Kimye feuds and break ups and makeups with this VS model and that actress. It was just peak just shut up please. The  her new "friendship" with K. Perry and that awful song "Me!" Jesus, so bad. Her extreme suffering with Kanye made her seem so self absorbed and disconnected. But she just grew out of that poptart shell with these records. 

So, I am going to have to say that as a whole, I prefer Taylor's discography, even if everything before Folklore was 2, 3 songs top except for 1989 (6 songs in that one) 

• Love 2

Taylor. 

Her albums are more consistent and she had longevity. 1989 era was just as big as the fame, only difference is one was done during the streaming era one wasnt. Taylors tours are more successfull, she has won more big awards like AOTY, she is 10 times the songwriter gaga is and isnt copying Madonna. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

I think Taylor is more suited for teens (IMO) while Gaga can be enjoyed by everyone, Taylor to me has always been the same deal apart from 1989 album while GaGa has constantly evolved nonetheless you can name her iconic performances with Taylor outside her fanbase nobody knows anything about her performances. 

Both are highly successful, but GaGa is far ahead IMO - her vocals, her lyrics, her emotions are great while for me Taylor is quite bland she also has some very good songs though (waiting for All too well - 10 minute version). 

Both are different, i don't think it's fair a game to compare. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I think Taylor is more suited for teens (IMO) while Gaga can be enjoyed by everyone, Taylor to me has always been the same deal apart from 1989 album while GaGa has constantly evolved nonetheless you can name her iconic performances with Taylor outside her fanbase nobody knows anything about her performances. 

Both are highly successful, but GaGa is far ahead IMO - her vocals, her lyrics, her emotions are great while for me Taylor is quite bland she also has some very good songs though (waiting for All too well - 10 minute version). 

Both are different, i don't think it's fair a game to compare. 

Also would like to add - I am a fan of neither but GaGa is seen as a legend outside her fan base. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

The lies ☠

If you cant realize how huge 1989 was you must be blind. 3 HUGE number one hits and 2 other huge singles. 3 videos over billion, million first week sales 11+ million sales in streaming era, top 3 longest charting female albums, out charted the fame and has more weeks in the too 200 despite being released 6 years later, 1989 won AOTY which the fame ironically lost to Taylor. Taylor was everywhere during 2014-2016 and the 1989 tour was a huge success. The era may not just be as big as the fame it might be even bigger. Also the most awarded pop album of all time. Dont try to deny 1989 eras hugeness, there arent many eras that are as big as it is. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
29 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Also would like to add - I am a fan of neither but GaGa is seen as a legend outside her fan base. 

Taylor isnt a teenage artist... A huge chunk of her fanbase is 20,30+ adults. Taylor music is imo way more universal and suited for everyone than gagas is. Many older people look down on gaga and see her just as a Gen Z wannabe madonna. Taylor is recognized as one of the greatesr songwriters of today outside her fanbase and shes crowned the artist of the decade, shes a legend to the gp too. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

Taylor isnt a teenage artist... A huge chunk of her fanbase is 20,30+ adults. Taylor music is imo way more universal and suited for everyone than gagas is. Many older people look down on gaga and see her just as a Gen Z wannabe madonna. Taylor is recognized as one of the greatesr songwriters of today outside her fanbase and shes crowned the artist of the decade, shes a legend to the gp too. 

Maybe, I have never heard anyone around my circle calling her a Legend - she's a great songwriter but IMO GaGa has shown a lot more talent and has incredible voice to carry it - can never forget Shallow its such a beautiful song. 

Again, I do not care about both - I am GP for both of them so when I'm saying GaGa is seen far above than Taylor is a GP's perspective at least around me. Most people think of Taylor as a victim who writes break up songs - not discrediting her but this is GP's thinking I am telling you. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Maybe, I have never heard anyone around my circle calling her a Legend - she's a great songwriter but IMO GaGa has shown a lot more talent and has incredible voice to carry it - can never forget Shallow its such a beautiful song. 

Again, I do not care about both - I am GP for both of them so when I'm saying GaGa is seen far above than Taylor is a GP's perspective at least around me. Most people think of Taylor as a victim who writes break up songs - not discrediting her but this is GP's thinking I am telling you. 

That isnt GP's thinking that is your inner circles thinking. GP thought that maybe in 2016 but in 2021? Hell no. Those people arent unbiased, they are anti Taylor. So no that doesnt represent the GPs thinking because she has worked hard and built a new image for herself and most people dont even care about the kanye drama or anything anymore. Folklore and evermore were very universally liked albums

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block