Watching A documentary slash concert. I'm reminded That we were able to touch our idols at one point

Watching the feast on scraps dvd which is part Concert part documentary and a 9 track unreleased cd. 

One scene reminded me at one point we were very stalkish, there's a scene of alanis at an airport and she enters the room from her flight to be swarmed by fans, it doesn't happen now thanks to stricter laws forbids anybody without a ticket to a flight to actually do this now. 

That gives celebs more privacy during flight tours, which most preferred to bus tours. 

Watching it reminded me that social media made it easier to connect with fans and gave a safety net that is a barrier now. 

In my days we went by the tour itinerary and went to the airport the night before the big show happened to get autographs abd photos. 

I also believe today's music acts wouldn't survive the music industry of the past as privacy and taking time off rarely existed..

As the industry of the past viewed artists as money makers and investments and not as human beings 

I also believe veteran acts wouldn't handle today's industry as while they love making music,  they viewed it as a job, and not as a passion or a hobby. Most of the acts like Madonna,  and a few others have a workaholic mind. Telling them to take a vacation, they really wouldn't know what to do with that, as their parents raised them to have a work attitude whether sick or not. 

@Jordan Miller

@Roxxy

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived