Doom Generation Playlist

VCTR

I made this playlist awhile ago to be songs about, well,  you know, how 2020 is going. I originally made it to be songs that give me pandemic feels but added some for BLM. After seeing @Roxxy share her playlist of songs of colors and numbers (and soon to be summer), I wanted to share mine because I'm always looking to delete/add new songs and I would LOVE suggestions. So, let me know and I'll consider an add if it fits my mood.

Ps all the songs are in alphabetical order.  And if you haven't seen the movie The Doom Generation starring Rose McGowen, it's one of my favorites.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Pandemic feels

If it helps some of the pandemic songs were "Brazil",  "Dance Yourself Clean", "Don't Go Outside", "Downtown Shutdown", "Touch", and "Till the World Ends"

BLM songs: "American Oxygen", "BLOODMONEY",  "Cold War",  "Formation", "How Does It Feel?", and "My Love Is Your Love"

10 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

How about Linkin Park's In The End?

I just watched that music video and I was so distracted by how early 2000s it was. Plus that Boy Band close up shot that starts at 2:14. I'll have to listen again. I had never seen the video before!

More about angst than anything, but I think it still fits:

About having a feeling that the world is going to ****, but pretending that everything is fine to make yourself feel better:

About the state of the world (greed, division and so on):

More about the wars in the Middle East, but that's also a big part of why the world is going to **** as well, so it fits, IMO:

How do you include songs like "Interweb" and "Bloodmoney", but not "Time Is Up":

:straddle:

@iAlwaysSingLive Lily Allen and Madonna added but I wish that "Kabul ****" was on Spotify to add. The Marina song was added to cause it's actually the most perfect for the playlist. The only reason I didn't add "Time Is Up" is because I, personally, associate that song with global warming. And because there are 3 other Poppy songs. I could basically just make the entire playlist Poppy. 

@Towelney your playlist makes me smile.

Archived