This Day in Pop: 5 years ago, Zara Larsson releases "Lush Life"

Wow, has it really been 5 years already? Back on June 5, 2015, Zara Larsson released her beachy summery bop, Lush Life. The song was the lead single off of her international debut album, So Good. 

zara.jpg.731ad78c9b419fbd9cc5bc832da65134.jpgBefore you ask, "who?," the song topped the charts at #1 for 5 weeks in Sweden has over 880 million streams on Spotify, and over 674 million views on YouTube. The song is arguably Zara's most popular and really brought her on the scene globally. 

Any fans of Zara Larsson or Lush Life? 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Now that I've been studying Norwegian for 2 semesters, I've been looking into the actual pronunciation of different Scandinavian artists' names. And while Norwegian and Swedish are not exactly the same (obviously), the pronunciation is pretty similar. I was shocked when I discovered what the actual pronunciation of her name is (same goes for Tove Lo): 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sv-Zara_Larsson.ogg :typing:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Now that I've been studying Norwegian for 2 semesters, I've been looking into the actual pronunciation of different Scandinavian artists' names. And while Norwegian and Swedish are not exactly the same (obviously), the pronunciation is pretty similar. I was shocked when I discovered what the actual pronunciation of her name is (same goes for Tove Lo): 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sv-Zara_Larsson.ogg :typing:

Ooh that is interesting :fakewow:

• Like 1

I loved Zara Larsson so much when Lush Life came out. “So Good” was such a good debut album and it made me upset when it was just swept under the rug and forgotten about. It’s one of the few albums that I generally love the whole thing (besides Make That Money Girl). I just hope one day she will get her dues paid because she is so talented and has a lot to offer to pop music!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block