Anderson Cooper eviscerates Trump on CNN: "Who is the thug here?"

• Leader

Anderson Cooper did not hold back when he went in on Trump tonight. 

Trump threatened to use the military against American citizens, calling himself the "president of law and order."  It inspired a fiery speech from Anderson on-air. 

He went on to said that Trump “seems to think that dominating black people, dominating peaceful protesters is law and order. It’s not. He calls them thugs. Who is the thug here? Hiding in a bunker. Hiding behind a suit. Who is the thug? People have waited for days for this wannabe wartime president to say something. And this is what he says. And that is what he does.”

Cooper then went on to his own experience, saying that he has “seen societies fall apart as a reporter.”

“I’ve seen people dying in the streets while protesting. I’ve seen countries ripped apart by hate and mystery misinformation and laws and political demagogues and racism,” Cooper said. “We can’t let that happen here. Of course violence is no answer, but people protesting deserve answers, and they haven’t gotten them. no matter how many black men have been ********, lynched, in prison, mistreated, redlined, blackballed from jobs. We all know it. People protesting in the streets they know it, and they’re tired of it. And we should be too.”

“This event, as I said, if it wasn’t so dangerous and disgusting, it would be funny, because it is so low rent and just sad,” Cooper added.

anderson.jpg.bfaad5317c4938d99a12c1b361900024.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

“seems to think that dominating black people, dominating peaceful protesters is law and order. It’s not. He calls them thugs. Who is the thug here? Hiding in a bunker. Hiding behind a suit. Who is the thug?"

HUUUH?? I'm sooo confused. 

First of all, let me say: Anderson Cooper is a miserable old queen. Secondly, CNN is an absolute joke. Thirdly, WHAT IS THIS DUDE SAYING? Trump clearly said protestors and violent ****-stirring rioters were two different things. The thugs (Obama's word as well during the riots of 2015) he is referring to are the men beating a helpless old lady in Rochester, New York, the thugs destroying BLACK businesses in Minnesota, etc etc. 

Now Trump is a thug because he was placed under secret service protection during these violent (which I thought the left was against violence, Anderson?) RIOTS? Gtfo here bro. This is such a delusional statement from a delusional, 1%-er who is completely out of touch with reality and clearly under the influence of Trump derangement syndrome. 

donald trump deal with it GIF

Hey Anderson - the folks who did THIS ^^ are what we call THUGS. Argue me please.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, sparrowhawk said:

Hey Anderson - the folks who did THIS ^^ are what we call THUGS. Argue me please.

I don't think anyone is arguing that that kind of looting is acceptable behavior, but people are outraged. Peaceful protests haven't worked so people are resorting to these extremes to get systematic change - which often starts from the top. Not condoning looting, just trying to explain. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that that kind of looting is acceptable behavior, but people are outraged. Peaceful protests haven't worked so people are resorting to these extremes to get systematic change - which often starts from the top. Not condoning looting, just trying to explain. 

I get it. But you’re justifying something morally wrong...Aren’t you all mad at Trump over his moral shortcomings? But for certain groups or crowds ethics and morals are excusable? Slippery slope.

My original point remains - Trump very clearly differentiated between looters and protestors, making Cooper’s entire rhetoric-loaded “speech” just plain nonsensical. He’s putting words and innuendos in Trumps mouth and entirely ignoring what was actually said. 

everyone wants someone to blame. For the right it’s Obama, for the left it’s Trump. Let’s all focus on ourselves. We allowed things to get to this point. I listened to Trumps entire (long winded) speech and didn’t get any of that nonsense out of what he said. Period.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

That's an odd way to say "privileged".

If you have access to internet and a smartphone, you qualify as what you call "privileged", since surprisingly most people in the world still don't have access to it.

19 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

everyone wants someone to blame. For the right it’s Obama, for the left it’s Trump. Let’s all focus on ourselves. We allowed things to get to this point. 

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block