POSSIBLE: OIDIA Original Album Tracklist from early 2000

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I've been saying that Overprotected was made for Oops for the longest, wouldnt be surprised about Bombastic Love as well.

Only thing that looks fake is the Justin collab, maybe it was meant to be featuring Nsync like Blaques Bring It All To Me is only featuring JC but listed as Nsync.

Lol overprotected doesn’t sound like anything from OIDIA only bombastic love

There’s no way they would put the Herbal Essence song on her album it would make no sense! 

Also I do not believe for a second that Overprotected was recorded for Oops, the style of the track and her vocal are way too mature to have been recorded in 97/98/99!  I mean keep in mind material recorded for BOMT was released on OIDIA because it still fit her vocally/sonically during that time! 

8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Lol overprotected doesn’t sound like anything from OIDIA only bombastic love

I don't even think Britney wanted Max Martin for the third album. Up until the last second Britney was saying she wrote ALL but two songs on the album, which would be Slave and Boys. Whats Its Like 2 Be Me was a last second addition and then they threw the Crossroads songs (Overprotected, Not A Girl, I Love Rock n Roll, Cinderella) onto the album in hopes the cross promo would sell more records.

Max actually doesnt even have any music from many other artist  2001-2002, all the ones that were released sound like they were produced 99/00

6 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

There’s no way they would put the Herbal Essence song on her album it would make no sense! 

Also I do not believe for a second that Overprotected was recorded for Oops, the style of the track and her vocal are way too mature to have been recorded in 97/98/99!  I mean keep in mind material recorded for BOMT was released on OIDIA because it still fit her vocally/sonically during that time! 

I'm pretty sure it was updated once it was going to be used for Crossroads, the same as Bombastic Love was updated, the original version can be heard during the making of Crossroads footage.

37 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I don't even think Britney wanted Max Martin for the third album. Up until the last second Britney was saying she wrote ALL but two songs on the album, which would be Slave and Boys. Whats Its Like 2 Be Me was a last second addition and then they threw the Crossroads songs (Overprotected, Not A Girl, I Love Rock n Roll, Cinderella) onto the album in hopes the cross promo would sell more records.

Max actually doesnt even have any music from many other artist  2001-2002, all the ones that were released sound like they were produced 99/00

Yeaahhhh but still. I couldn’t imagine overprotected on OIDIA

1 hour ago, Kartofelek said:

also, the tracks have wrong duration, most CDs like that don't include durations. and a fan would know that GIRL IN THE MIRROR is not 4:20

it could be a demo version which could be the reason it has a different duration. Like with You Got it All the BOMT demo and the Oops version, they're both very different in duration and production wise. Same with the demo of Sometimes, which is also a lot shorter.

4 hours ago, Cheshire-B said:

"he loves u not" and "looking for trouble" sounds like great songs actually. I hope they'll leak or get release someday ! 

I think the first one became a D.R.E.A.M hit, if anyone remembers them? I used to love that song!

17 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

Martin said in a interview that he composed Overprotected mid 2001

It was one of the last song composed for the album

So it's obviously fake

Overprotected had to have been done before they started filming Crossroads, which was in March 2001. The principal filming of it that included a performance of Overprotected was done in April.

Hmmm it looks like it might be fake, Overprotected is shorter than the length on that CD (unless it's a demo). And Britney didn't get to record He Loves U Not. I doubt there's a full version of I've Got the Urge (To Herbal) either, think it was just for the Herbal Essences commercial. 

Okay so after doing more research, I’ve came across the track list that was issued by a fan website in Nov.1999 which confirmed some songs which did make it on Oops. Here the album is titled Sunflower

1. Asking For Trouble

2. Walk On By

3. Cell Phone (Interlude)

4. What U See Is What U Get

5. Shock Your Mind

6. Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know

7. Do You Want It?

8. The End Of Us (Ft. J.C Chasez)

9. Under This Spell

10. I’ll Never Fall In Love Again

11. Mirror, Mirror

12. A Long Time Past

13. You Don’t Own Me 

14. How can this be

I’ve always heard of this track list but never seen it personally! A lot of this would make sense such as Walk on by, Cell Phone Interlude (End of WYSIWYG), Shock Your Mind which funnily enough was going to be the name of the Britney Album and Mirror, Mirror which someone previously said was probably Girl In The Mirror!

Imagine if these songs leaked just in time for the Oops Album 20th Anniversary :makeitrain:

Archived