The Blackout era...

MrPieceOfMe

On 4/22/2020 at 10:23 PM, ColdAsFire88 said:

Sidenote: how did Selena Gomez get away with her AMA’s performance not getting ripped apart? THAT WAS AWFUL

Did she really though? I saw many negative reviews on social media and the performance kept being taken down from YouTube whereas other performances from the awards were still on the site.  Then that story came out about Selena having a panic attack before her performance but some people thought it was just an excuse. I like Selena but that performance really wasn’t good at all.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite her personal life I think she did exactly what she wanted to with it and let the music just speak for itself without promo. She still got to put together an album, have a handful of house of blues shows and that was pretty much it.

If she ever gets out of the conservatorship and wants to still be active with music/ performing every now and then I feel like that’s the route she’d take and be content with.

4 hours ago, Isla said:

Tbh Britney still wasn’t 100% during that era, so I’m kinda glad in a way there wasn’t much promo. The VMAs performance didn’t exactly help. I’m just thankful that 1. We got a brilliant pop album, one of Britney’s best and 2. The album still managed to chart well with minimal promotion. 

Also it’s in the Hall Of Fame :makeitrain:

Archived