Philadelphia police just announced they are not arresting people who commit "non-violent crimes"

4 minutes ago, Kevney said:

oh gotcha, They tweeted that they will not turn a blind eye. But I can see them not having time for everything.  They said they were not doing parking meters yesterday, and asked people to not hog the spaces. lol yeah, right.. I am not leaving my house. :)

it seems like you get a ticket and have to answer for it at another time like a warrant.

Check this out - it's a misdemeanor to leave your home in this county in CA.  So scary. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twincities.com/2020/03/17/who-can-leave-their-home-under-californias-shelter-in-place-read-the-order/amp/

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who is actually from Philly, this is just gonna embolden criminals. My area in particular, it’s not a wealthy suburb but it’s also not the ghetto, yet it’s being plagued by package thefts, car theft, car break ins, coming out to find your car on blocks cuz all your tires are gone, armed robberies, I think it was last month, not on my street thank god but in my neighborhood a guy was ambushed at his house with machine guns and killed, come to find out, he was a criminal, who shouldn’t have been on the streets. The criminals are a mixed bag, u got your local junkies looking for there next fix and thanks to the over development of these condos which are being sold/rented for RIDICULOUSLY high prices, it draws in outsiders cuz hey, there must be money in that neighborhood.

Last year, in a different part of Philly there was a several hour standoff and shoot out when they tried to serve a warrant to someone who shouldn’t have been on the streets to begin with.

Just a few days ago, in a different area, a cop was killed once again trying to serve a warrant to someone who also shouldn’t have been on the streets.

I don’t blame the cops, they try to do there job, they arrest these ********* but when u have DA who cares more about the rights of criminals than victims, the cops hands are tied. I can see being lenient on **** charges but this da is letting out violent offenders. It’s bad enough when we’re not living through a global pandemic, announcing that change is just gonna make it worse imo. 

3 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

As someone who is actually from Philly, this is just gonna embolden criminals. My area in particular, it’s not a wealthy suburb but it’s also not the ghetto, yet it’s being plagued by package thefts, car theft, car break ins, coming out to find your car on blocks cuz all your tires are gone, armed robberies, I think it was last month, not on my street thank god but in my neighborhood a guy was ambushed at his house with machine guns and killed, come to find out, he was a criminal, who shouldn’t have been on the streets. The criminals are a mixed bag, u got your local junkies looking for there next fix and thanks to the over development of these condos which are being sold/rented for RIDICULOUSLY high prices, it draws in outsiders cuz hey, there must be money in that neighborhood.

Last year, in a different part of Philly there was a several hour standoff and shoot out when they tried to serve a warrant to someone who shouldn’t have been on the streets to begin with.

Just a few days ago, in a different area, a cop was killed once again trying to serve a warrant to someone who also shouldn’t have been on the streets.

I don’t blame the cops, they try to do there job, they arrest these ********* but when u have DA who cares more about the rights of criminals than victims, the cops hands are tied. I can see being lenient on **** charges but this da is letting out violent offenders. It’s bad enough when we’re not living through a global pandemic, announcing that change is just gonna make it worse imo. 

I read that Iran freed 85k prisoners due to coronavirus outbreak in jail - also L.A. is said to be releasing non-violent criminals from jail.  

I agree- they should not have announced the leniency, I can only imagine they announced it to set a precedence for other cities.  

Archived