Rihanna received the President’s Award at the 51st Annual NAACP Image Awards: watch

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Queen of receiving awards and not releasing R9. We love her anyway. :rihannayas:

“Tonight is not really about me, because the purpose is bigger than me, right?” she said during her speech. “It’s not bigger than us together, but it’s bigger than me, because my part is a very small part of the work that is being done in this world and the work that is yet to be done.”

“If there’s anything I’ve learned, it’s that we can fix this world together. We can’t do it divided. I can’t emphasize that enough. We can’t let the desensitivity seep in,” she continued. “The ‘If it’s your problem, it’s not mine.’ ‘It’s a woman’s problem.’ ‘It’s a black people problem.’ ‘It’s a poor people problem.'”

Thoughts?

rihanna-naacp.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's been in the studio with Pharrell recently, so I'm assuming at least something's coming in the near future. :tbh: That was a great speech. "We can't do it divided" was powerful enough on it's own. Such a simple message, but it seems to fly over most people's heads. Identity politics are more prevalent than ever. I'm not perfect either, as evidenced by my post history. We could all do so much better in this regard. :heresthetea:

• Leader
14 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

She's been in the studio with Pharrell recently, so I'm assuming at least something's coming in the near future. :tbh: That was a great speech. "We can't do it divided" was powerful enough on it's own. Such a simple message, but it seems to fly over most people's heads. Identity politics are more prevalent than ever. I'm not perfect either, as evidenced by my post history. We could all do so much better in this regard. :heresthetea:

A quality reply 👏 

Archived