Max Martin: Britney is a genius

Slayer

I don’t understand why everyone wants them to work together again. As I already said in another thread, Britney has been trying to avoid him for almost 20 years so if she has creative control for her next album she certainly wouldn’t want to work with him. Plus everyone in this forum is complaining daily that Britney “needs to evolve” and “needs to experiment” but at the same time they want her to work with Max Martin? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

I don’t understand why everyone wants them to work together again. As I already said in another thread, Britney has been trying to avoid him for almost 20 years so if she has creative control for her next album she certainly wouldn’t want to work with him. Plus everyone in this forum is complaining daily that Britney “needs to evolve” and “needs to experiment” but at the same time they want her to work with Max Martin? 

Trying to avoid him?? She asked for him to make 3 10 years ago. She litterally went early to sweden on the circus tour, instead of staying in Copenhagen, just to go to his studio and spend time with him, and as far as I know, they made a few songs together, but Will.I.Am took charge of Femme Fatale, and didn't want Max. 

She just wants to try something else, that is respactable, but have nothing to do with Max. To prove herself as an executive producer, she needs to show she can do without him. THats nothing negative against him. 

Fe is helping out with the musical, she wouldn't do that if she knew there was saomething bad blood between britney and max.

27 minutes ago, joanhs said:

Trying to avoid him?? She asked for him to make 3 10 years ago. She litterally went early to sweden on the circus tour, instead of staying in Copenhagen, just to go to his studio and spend time with him, and as far as I know, they made a few songs together, but Will.I.Am took charge of Femme Fatale, and didn't want Max. 

She just wants to try something else, that is respactable, but have nothing to do with Max. To prove herself as an executive producer, she needs to show she can do without him. THats nothing negative against him. 

Fe is helping out with the musical, she wouldn't do that if she knew there was saomething bad blood between britney and max.

Her albums where she had the most creative control (ITZ, Blackout and Glory) didn’t have a single track written or produced by Max Martin. She didn't quite like many of the Max songs on her self titled album and was trying to do a different sound (I'm a Slave 4 U, Boys, Mad Love, etc). While I absolutely love their work together, I highly doubt she would be interested in working with him again. Britney indeed doesn’t like that much her old material (she seems lowkey emabarrased of her first two albums), the fact that in her 2016 BBMA medley she didn’t perform any of her Max Martin hits and instead opted for two album tracks from ITZ says it all.

Same article :

He has seen at close proximity what can happen when unimaginable fame takes hold, not least Spears’s distressing, and hugely publicised, breakdown in 2007. “I think we all should be grateful [to the artists],” he says, growing animated for the first time. “It’s easy for us to say that they become these rich, spoilt divas – and I’m not talking about Britney specifically, just in general – but we forget that these artists go out into the world and work and tour and become super-famous for our enjoyment. And then we watch their lives fall apart in front of our eyes for doing something amazing.

Max Martin is cool but he belongs to late 90's/00's Pop music. :bedtime: Britney is in a transition phase in her carrer, going back to her first producer is the last thing she should do. 

They hired him for "Circus" and "FF" to make her successful again with some new radio-hits, but when Britney was in charge for "In The Zone", "Blackout" and "Glory" there was no sign of Max Martin. :whatitellu: 

It's not like she has a special relationship with her producer like Janet Jackson has with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis or Madonna with Mirwais, where they write, produce, and evolve together. 

Archived