Miley Cyrus' "Mother's Daughter" Video Is Raunchy, But Empowering

Jordan Miller

• Leader

miley-cyrus-mothers-daughter.jpg

DON’T F–K WITH HER FREEDOM.

In between shots of Miley Cyrus slithering around on a red-lit studio, touching herself and sticking her tongue out are women and gender-non-conforming people embracing themselves. 

Related: Miley Cyrus Performs “On A Roll” As Ashley O: Watch

The Alexandre Moors-directed clip features cameos from models Aaron Philip and Casil McArthur, skateboarder Lacey Baker, dancer Amazon Ashley, actress Angelina Duplisea, 11-year-old activist Mari Copeny and Miley’s mom, Tish Cyrus.

There are also powerful messages featured throughout, like “MY BODY, MY RULES,” and “SIN IS IN YOUR EYES.” 

Related: Listen To A Preview of Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey’s New Charlie’s Angels Song

The video skates the line between provocative, and empowering. Miley rocks a red latex catsuit similar to the one made famous by Britney Spears in the “Oops!… I Did It Again” video, only Miley inserted an extra dose of swish with hers (including cat nails and a stitched nether region). 

“Mother’s Daughter” lands on Miley’s recently released EP, She Is Coming. Watch below:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived