Bigger this decade? Legend X or Britney Spears?

DignifiedLove

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So lets break it down 

So britney made more money but made herself less famous while being out of the public 

Christina made herself a household name and stayed a hot topic but she earned less money with her flops and doing the voice 

But who had a bigger decade you ask?

Well britney was very successful in the very beginning of the decade but christina was able to maintain relevancy throughout and when it comes to being a celebrity being relevant is very important so I will say...

Christina is the winner

7 hours ago, Goku said:

The one with critical acclaim, good music, and Grammys. :byetina: 

Feel free to deny that Glory/Liberation both contain good music and that Lotus/Britney Jean are both awful. Grammys remain irrelevant and I’m fairly confident that you’re aware that critical acclaim does not equate to commercial success.

I think we all know that Femme Fatale alone was bigger than Xtina this decade, Piece Of Me (Residency and Tour) was absurdly successful, Scream & Shout was one of the biggest hits of the decade, Work ***** has become iconic and Britney Spears remains a household name (and probably will be for a very long time). Everybody knows who wins here, and yes it’s a shame that Liberation didn’t do better, but there’s no way Xtina was more successful that Britney this decade 

16 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

meanwhile britney released a #1 plantinum-selling cd, had two #1 singles, 5 top 10 hits, embarked on two WW tours, did the X-FACTOR, headlined her own vegas residency for 4 years and made the forbes almost every year this decade while continuing to be THAT *****. she truly won.

and ms. christian aguilera? oh that’s right she became a household name all across tv’s in middle america

tumblr_m5v337dRWW1qmtldn.gif

was number one female musician in 2012 on FORBES!!!!!!!!!!!

lets list what has Britney done this decade

• Nominated for grammy for womanizer
  • own clothing line for Candies
  • Glee episode with random cameos
  • Femme fatale (4 singles, 3-top ten on BB 100, MTV documentary, song with Rihanna, Billboard award performances, amazing visuals, Femme fatale world tour with Nicki MInaj before she was cool, MTV VMA vanguard award + best pop video)
  • Second remix album
  • Dance game 
  • X factor judge
  • Scream and shout  + remix
  • Kid song for a animated movie
  • Britney Jean (Work *****, perfume drama, documentary, alien drama guest song on Miley Cyrus album)
  • Vegas (votes best show each year of its run, all celebrities went, tons of singers started the residency when they saw she changed the demographic of the city)
  • random song with Iggy Azelea + Billboard awards performance
  • Underwear collection which ran for two seasons
  • Jane the virgin Tv series appearance
  • Mobile game
  • Billborad millenium award+ performance 
  • Glory (make me + g eazy before he was cool, make video drama, VMA performance, slumber party ft Tinashe, winter festival mini shows)
  • Asia tour
  • KENZO Campaign
  • US+Europe tour
  • Expensive announcement for new residency (canceled later due father illness)
  • During this decade tons of perfumes, interviews, TV skits, Awards show appearances and awards received

lets list what has Christina done this decade

• Bionic album with new image
  • Song with Nicki Minaj
  • Film role in Burlesque
  • Superbowl national anthem performance drama
  • Grammy performance with other singer to tribute aretha franklin
  • The voice judge for 6 seasons
  • song with Maroon 5 (hit)
  • Lotus album 
  • Pitpull song (hit)
  • Mexican singer song
  • Say something song
  • tv series Nashville
  • song with Christina Grimmie
  • The emoji movie voiceover
  • Liberation (+song with Demi)
  • Billboard awards performance 
  • grammy nominations
  • Liberation Tour (first in 10 years us only)
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived