Rank 'In The Zone'

DignifiedLove

Since I'm clearly wasting my day today and called in 'sick' for work, I thought we rank the songs from her best album, In The God.

I'll start:

• Me Against The Music - 9.25/10
  • (I Got That) Boom Boom - 10/10
  • Showdown - 9/10
  • Breathe On Me - 10/10
  • Early Mornin' - 7.5/10
  • Toxic - 10/10 (I swear, if anyone puts Toxic at anything less than a 9.5, they will be blocked and ignored :joanne:)
  • Outrageous - 10/10
  • Touch Of My Hand - 10/10
  • The Hook Up - 7/10
  • Shadow - 8.75/10
  • Brave New Girl - 5.5/10 :joanne:
  • Everytime - 9.75/10
  • Don't Hang Up - 9/10
  • The Answer - 7.5/10

123.25/140 = 88% (B+)
Would have been a 90% (A-) if BNG didn't come in and ruin the album. :joanne:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/15/2019 at 4:49 PM, Nightmare3p said:

Why do people hate BNG. It doesn’t fit the album but as a track alone it’s not bad. Just generic 

Horrible song. A tacky, knock-off Ray of Light production meets Hilary Duff's Metamorphosis. Too much autotune and vocal processing. Overall, a **** filler that didn't deserve the light of day. Not only that but it doesn't even fit the theme and the vibey, trancey, urban, Asian/Middle-Eastern-influenced cohesiveness that the rest of the album has.

tumblr_o41ykkVol81uiziyxo1_400.gif

MATM - 7.7/10 - Not terrible but not what you'd expect from 2 megastars.

Boom Boom- 8/10 - I like Britney's part and the Ying Yang twins fit the song well but they're featured too heavily. Respect to White Chicks for including this song.

Showdown - 8.5/10 - Gets a bit boring after a while but I love it for its mixture of different sounds.

BOM - 10/10 - Sensual, ****, timeless.

Early Mornin' - 8/10 - "I was shaking my *** in the streets all morning". Just weird and fun. Kind of paints a picture of a crazy night out.

Toxic - 10/10 - I could listen to the instrumental for eternity. As iconic as Baby and Oops are, this has to be her best song in regards to just the music itself.

Outrageous - 9.2/10 - I will always play this in the car but the lyrics are repetitive. However, as with Toxic, the music itself is just something else. I can't say it's never been done before because I don't know every song but it's so funky and the middle Eastern vibes always make me wanna pop it and lock it. Yeah, I just said that.

TOMH - 10/10 - Same as BOM. Super **** and sensual and it puts you in a relaxed mood. Like Outrageous, it has a different vibe to it. I don't know how you'd describe the opening of the song but to me, it sounds very Japanese/Chinese and it just works extremely well. I also love her vocals on this.

THU - 8.5/10 - I always have to look up this song to know what it is. I think it's because unlike the others, she doesn't sing the song title in the chorus and it always confuses me but when I listen to it, I love the beat. I just wish her vocals were clearer.

Shadow - 9/10 - A haunting but extremely beautiful ballad. Gives me Avril Lavigne vibes. Her voice isn't perfect; it's kind of raw but it works. I love when she sings Shadow at 3:08 and 3:19 but I hate the ending; it just feels flat.

BNG -8.5/10 - I don't care what anyone says, I love this song. Yes, it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the album but so the hell what?! Even as a 'filler' track, it's cheesy 00s pop at it's finest. It is overly autotuned but I think it's nice to have a really peppy, upbeat song included as well. I'm not saying ITZ sounds the same throughout but I hate when albums are super cohesive to the point where that is the case. If every song sounds the same, you lose interest and the fact that everyone on here hates this song but still remembers it is interesting. 

Everytime - 10/10 - Simply put: beautiful. Love the piano. A very strong ballad.

DHU -7/10 - I couldn't even remember how this one goes. Listened to it and it's just filler for me. I'll get hate for saying this but for me, most of Britney's album tracks are generally filler. I never listen to the Blackout or Circus album tracks because they bore me. Like this song, they're just not memorable whatsoever. At least BNG is.

The Answer- 7.1/10 - Just slightly better than DHU but still forgettable. Her voice sounds all over the place on this one.

I can't be bothered to do the math but do I care that there are 1 or 2 clunkers on the album? No, because I don't believe there is such a thing as a perfect album but Britney came pretty damn close with In The Zone. I still think Britney is her best in regards to singles but In The Zone will always be the one where I enioy the album tracks as much as the singles. That was fun so thanks for that :clap:

1. Me Against The Music - 8.5/10
  2. (I Got That) Boom Boom - 8.5/10
  3. Showdown - 7/10
  4. Breathe On Me - 10/10
  5. Early Mornin' - 8.5/10
  6. Toxic - 10/10 
  7. Outrageous - 8/10
  8. Touch Of My Hand - 10/10
  9. The Hook Up - 10/10
  10. Shadow - 9/10
  11. Brave New Girl - 9/10  (I know it's 100% a filler track but I still love it. :bedtime:)
  12. Everytime - 10/10
  13. Don't Hang Up - 7.5/10
  14. The Answer - 8/10

Score: 8.9 :slayney:

Love this album, it's one of my favorites 

32 minutes ago, maquisl said:
  1. Me Against The Music - 8.5/10
  2. (I Got That) Boom Boom - 8.5/10
  3. Showdown - 7/10
  4. Breathe On Me - 10/10
  6. Toxic - 10/10 
  7. Outrageous - 8/10
  9. The Hook Up - 10/10
  10. Shadow - 9/10
  11. Brave New Girl - 9/10  (I know it's 100% a filler track but I still love it. :bedtime:)
  12. Everytime - 10/10
  14. The Answer - 8/10

Score: 8.9 :slayney:

Love this album, it's one of my favorites 

BNG rated higher than MATM, Boom Boom, Showdown, Outrageous, Don't Hang Up and The Answer?

hqdefault.jpg

12 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

BNG rated higher than MATM, Boom Boom, Showdown, Outrageous, Don't Hang Up and The Answer?

hqdefault.jpg

It changes everyday but I really like that song :bcutelaugh: I don't deny that it doesn't match the album's theme at all but it's a good song anyway. I know I'm part of the weird small group who like that song lol

I think I've listened to MATM and Boom Boom so many times lately that I'm a bit bored of them right now and DHU I guess it's because I don't have it on my album (I have the MATM remix and The answer as bonus tracks) and it's not available on spotify so I rarely listen to it :decisions: . But I'm not a big fan of Showdown, I like it but it's definitely my least fave song of ITZ.

• Me Against The Music - 7/10
  • (I Got That) Boom Boom - 6/10
  • Showdown - 6/10
  • Breathe On Me - 9/10
  • Early Mornin' - 7/10
  • Toxic - 10/10
  • Outrageous - 7/10
  • Touch Of My Hand - 8/10
  • The Hook Up - 9/10
  • Shadow - 7/10
  • Brave New Girl - 7/10 
  • Everytime - 10/10
  • Don't Hang Up - 7/10
  • The Answer - 7.5/10

Based on my personal preference anyway I feel like my scores come off shady. But I think a 10 song is timeless and can be played on repeat. 

16 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Since I'm clearly wasting my day today and called in 'sick' for work, I thought we rank the songs from her best album, In The God.

I'll start:

• Me Against The Music - 9.25/10
  • (I Got That) Boom Boom - 10/10
  • Showdown - 9/10
  • Breathe On Me - 10/10
  • Early Mornin' - 7.5/10
  • Toxic - 10/10 (I swear, if anyone puts Toxic at anything less than a 9.5, they will be blocked and ignored :joanne:)
  • Outrageous - 10/10
  • Touch Of My Hand - 10/10
  • The Hook Up - 7/10
  • Shadow - 8.75/10
  • Brave New Girl - 5.5/10 :joanne:
  • Everytime - 9.75/10
  • Don't Hang Up - 9/10
  • The Answer - 7.5/10

123.25/140 = 88% (B+)
Would have been a 90% (A-) if BNG didn't come in and ruin the album. :joanne:

Girl, I love how you use that Gaga gif for everything:kiss:

1. Me Against The Music - 7/10
  2. (I Got That) Boom Boom - 7/10
  3. Showdown - 9.5/10
  4. Breathe On Me - 10/10
  5. Early Mornin' - 6/10
  6. Toxic - 10/10
  7. Outrageous - 7/10
  9. The Hook Up - 8/10
  10. Shadow - 9/10
  11. Brave New Girl- 6/10
  12. Everytime - 10/10
  14. The Answer - 8/10

Final score: 8.21

1. Me Against The Music - 9/10
  2. (I Got That) Boom Boom - 10/10
  3. Showdown - 10/10 (My favorite Britney song, ever)
  4. Breathe On Me - 10/10
  6. Toxic - 10/10
  7. Outrageous - 8.5/10
  8. Touch Of My Hand - 9/10
  9. The Hook Up - 10/10
  10. Shadow - 9/10
  11. Brave New Girl- 9/10 (I don't care what anyone says, this song is a bop!)
  12. Everytime - 10/10
  13. Don't Hang Up - 8.5/10
  14. The Answer - 9/10

9.3 :tongueney:

1 hour ago, maquisl said:

It changes everyday but I really like that song :bcutelaugh: I don't deny that it doesn't match the album's theme at all but it's a good song anyway. I know I'm part of the weird small group who like that song lol

I think I've listened to MATM and Boom Boom so many times lately that I'm a bit bored of them right now and DHU I guess it's because I don't have it on my album (I have the MATM remix and The answer as bonus tracks) and it's not available on spotify so I rarely listen to it :decisions: . But I'm not a big fan of Showdown, I like it but it's definitely my least fave song of ITZ.

Actually you can find don’t hang up on Spotify but it’s on a different album, I think it’s named In the zone bonus tracks or something like that 

16 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

Actually you can find don’t hang up on Spotify but it’s on a different album, I think it’s named In the zone bonus tracks or something like that 

13 minutes ago, **** Jeans said:

In The Zone DVD Bonus Audio actually

I didn't know that :makeitrain: Thanks! 

• Me Against The Music - 9/10
  • (I Got That) Boom Boom - 6.5/10
  • Showdown - 7/10
  • Breathe On Me - 10/10
  • Early Mornin' - 6.5/10
  • Toxic - 10/10
  • Outrageous - 3/10
  • Touch Of My Hand - 8/10
  • The Hook Up - 7.5/10