The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Tour Thread - July 13

PokemonSpears

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GodneyLush said:

So I attended the show in DC last night. Britney looked flawless and was serving attitude all night. I think the reason why so many people are upset with the tour is because it’s on such a small scale compared to Vegas. The Vegas stage had the runway and the size to hold more props. The crowd seemed to enjoy the show a lot and I thought for being so scaled down that she did great. My expectations were higher because of how amazing she had been doing in Vegas, but the size of the stage limits her a bit. That doesn’t mean she didn’t kill it though! The only thing that drove me insane is she played with her hair the WHOLE time. It made me laugh laugh after awhile though. Her body is snatched. Her makeup looked great. The costumes sparkle 20x more in person than on video. Also the merch was so cute! I got a denim book back that has patches and pins all over it that I’m dying over. Overall it was such a surreal and amazing experience. At the end of the day we have to remember that Britney isn’t 19 anymore. Her days of performing jaw dropping choreo aren’t here anymore. BUT...this doesn’t mean we can’t support our girl. I paid a lot of money for my tickets and I was more than satisfied and so hyped. I hope the public realizes that this is a smaller scale of the Vegas show and I pray Britney can give us at least one more large scale tour with all of the bells and whistles. 

Also, her attitude was so cute. Britishney came out when she was talking to the Freakshow guy and I about DIED! 

Really glad you had such a good time, what do you mean about her not being 19 anymore though? In her Instagram videos she seems to have as much flexibility as she did back then, also her energy levels aren't the problem but the ticks and repetitive moves plus as you mentioned THAT HAIR TOUCHING!!! that would drive me nuts lol.

I don't care if she does them or not. I'm not one of these fans who cares about chart numbers either or sales, there's plenty of amazing artists out there who will never be mainstream and don't perform to more that 1000 people (for example)

It's about quality not quantity. The mark of a good artist is do they connect to their audience? Do they charge a fair price? Do they sing live if they market themselves as a singer? Do they look well rehearsed and professional? These are things that matter to me anyway, and stadiums are completely irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

The mark of a good artist is do they connect to their audience? Do they charge a fair price? Do they sing live if they market themselves as a singer? Do they look well rehearsed and professional?

No, No, No and again a big fat NO! :(

2 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

It's about quality not quantity. The mark of a good artist is do they connect to their audience? Do they charge a fair price? Do they sing live if they market themselves as a singer? Do they look well rehearsed and professional? These are things that matter to me anyway, and stadiums are completely irrelevant.

Exactly!!! and I’m sad My answers to all those questions for the current piece of me tour are “no”

Just now, rck92 said:

You have to remember that a stadium is a really big stage. I don’t know if Britney is capable of working that big of a podium. Look at the Circus stage, that was too huge for her.

it was huge on circus but due too so much happing it didn't felt that way and the way they used the space was pretty great,

1 minute ago, whoisit said:

it was huge on circus but due too so much happing it didn't felt that way and the way they used the space was pretty great,

That’s true. But a stadium where for example Beyonce and Jay-Z are performing is not for Britney, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

Exactly!!! and I’m sad My answers to all those questions for the current piece of me tour are “no”

I know :crying3: One of my best concerts I went to was a 2000 capacity hall with live singing ALL the way through, quality special guests, and a real connection to the audience. It was magical.

Price: £25.

It shows relevancy, the artist/label gets more money, bigger production and more budget is given :mcorangu: this is a 1+1 question...

I think brit is doing really well, she's selling out arenas overaseas :makeitrain:, considering my other fav is struggling to sell theatres and wont tour for fans overseas 

2 minutes ago, STJ said:

It shows relevancy, the artist/label gets more money, bigger production and more budget is given :mcorangu: this is a 1+1 question...

I think brit is doing really well, she's selling out arenas overaseas :makeitrain:, considering my other fav is struggling to sell theatres and wont tour for fans overseas 

Hew?

Archived