Why do people keep doing this? It's dumb

When Britney does something new and good some fans compare it to a bad moment in her life as if she has been a mess till now. She literally got her **** straight in less than 8 months back in 2008. Why do people keep making these dumb comparissons, they're all over instagram :wyd:

I wouldn't mind if they did them back in 2008 but doing them every year till today doesn't make any sense, stop already :cackling:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like some people still believe that there was 2007 and then there is now. And Britney ceased to exist in between. How many times have we seen the headline 'Britney is BACK!!!' as if every single new thing she's done is coming directly off the back of 2007. It's so annoying!

Also, some britards people won't like this, but I think a lot of fans (and the GP actually) happily excuse her bad performances now because of what happened in 2007, so they put little reminders like that photo as if to say: Don't you dare critisise her because LOOK WHERE SHE WAS!!!! Look what she went through! You should be grateful she even gets out of bed for you ungrateful pond life!!!!!

11 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

When Britney does something new and good some fans compare it to a bad moment in her life as if she has been a mess till now. She literally got her **** straight in less than 8 months back in 2008. Why do people keep making these dumb comparissons, they're all over instagram :wyd:

I wouldn't mind if they did them back in 2008 but doing them every year till today doesn't make any sense, stop already :cackling:

"Everybody loves a comeback" is the wrong line of thinking imo. I know that's a well known phrase, I just don't believe it. There's a lot of people that love to throw the negative past up or perhaps they still live in the past? It amazes me if I'm on a Yahoo news story and you have people still making jokes about Britney being fat and bald. She's come a long way in her personal life, nobody should try and take that away from her. She's just a public figure that this can be brought up over and over again. NOBODY likes to be reminded of painful past memories. I don't care if you're a celebrity or if you're a regular Joe or Jane. But this is something people love to do and I doubt they'll ever change. And something tells me whoever comes up with this **** definitely wouldn't like it if their painful past memories were thrown into their faces. 

Maybe it's in the way you interpret. Maybe it's harmless "Look at how amazing her life is now compared to then. I'm proud of her!" I just don't think like that. It's still putting attention on the bad times. There's been a lot of times I've wanted to cry in public and I try my damndest to keep a lid on it til I was at home. I remember why she's crying on that left picture. I can't blame her for being so upset and scared that's she can't hold it in til she gets in the car or goes home.

4 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Because people are stupid. I hate when people use social media to make a mockery of someone's pain or misfortune. They aren't inspired or moved by her progress and current state of happiness. They want to use it for personal gain whether its followers or income. 

Yeah, you said it better than I did. 

4 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

It seems like some people still believe that there was 2007 and then there is now. And Britney ceased to exist in between. How many times have we seen the headline 'Britney is BACK!!!' as if every single new thing she's done is coming directly off the back of 2007. It's so annoying!

Also, some britards people won't like this, but I think a lot of fans (and the GP actually) happily excuse her bad performances now because of what happened in 2007, so they put little reminders like that photo as if to say: Don't you dare critisise her because LOOK WHERE SHE WAS!!!! Look what she went through! You should be grateful she even gets out of bed for you ungrateful pond life!!!!!

I get it. I won't criticize what you're saying. I know how to separate things. I will give Britney props for making it through 2007. Putting myself in her shoes, I wouldn't have made it. The career is something entirely different for me. If Britney's career actions were being done by another artist, so many fans would laugh at the fans in that fan base for still supporting the celebrity. "Can you imagine paying money to see THIS?! :cackling::tiffcackle:  What in the hell is wrong with these people? :ohreallylol:"

It's a well known fact Britney's Instagram stans are the worst. They ALWAYS do this. I also hate how they constantly bring up pictures of her from 2001 and a recent picture of her making the same pose and/or wearing the same thing and put the 2 side by side. Even if they mean well, It's still disrespectful. 

1 hour ago, glitterfalls said:

"Everybody loves a comeback" is the wrong line of thinking imo. I know that's a well known phrase, I just don't believe it. There's a lot of people that love to throw the negative past up or perhaps they still live in the past? It amazes me if I'm on a Yahoo news story and you have people still making jokes about Britney being fat and bald. She's come a long way in her personal life, nobody should try and take that away from her. She's just a public figure that this can be brought up over and over again. NOBODY likes to be reminded of painful past memories. I don't care if you're a celebrity or if you're a regular Joe or Jane. But this is something people love to do and I doubt they'll ever change. And something tells me whoever comes up with this **** definitely wouldn't like it if their painful past memories were thrown into their faces. 

Maybe it's in the way you interpret. Maybe it's harmless "Look at how amazing her life is now compared to then. I'm proud of her!" I just don't think like that. It's still putting attention on the bad times. There's been a lot of times I've wanted to cry in public and I try my damndest to keep a lid on it til I was at home. I remember why she's crying on that left picture. I can't blame her for being so upset and scared that's she can't hold it in til she gets in the car or goes home.

I think just like you. I don't like them bringing up bad moments of her life. That's why I think people should stop doing this kind of posts

50 minutes ago, BabyHotAsIce said:

It's a well known fact Britney's Instagram stans are the worst. They ALWAYS do this. I also hate how they constantly bring up pictures of her from 2001 and a recent picture of her making the same pose and/or wearing the same thing and put the 2 side by side. Even if they mean well, It's still disrespectful. 

Ugh that too...I made a similar thread about that some time ago. It's so annoying cause most of them were not flattering for Britney at all. It's like the people who post things like that hate Britney instead of being fans

Archived