Why do people keep doing this? It's dumb

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

I get it. I won't criticize what you're saying. I know how to separate things. I will give Britney props for making it through 2007. Putting myself in her shoes, I wouldn't have made it. The career is something entirely different for me. If Britney's career actions were being done by another artist, so many fans would laugh at the fans in that fan base for still supporting the celebrity. "Can you imagine paying money to see THIS?! :cackling::tiffcackle:  What in the hell is wrong with these people? :ohreallylol:"

Yes absolutely, that's pretty much what I'm saying, that what happened to her in 2007 and her career ethic today should be kept separate IMO. On a personal level, yes she went through some crap and came out the other end. It was a long time ago now, it's probably not helpful to anyone - her included - to keep bringing it up constantly and using it to excuse the things she doesn't do now ie dance in time with her dancers and sing live (to name the two big ones for me).

I think a lot of us fans have Stockholm Syndrome.

20 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

It seems like some people still believe that there was 2007 and then there is now. And Britney ceased to exist in between. How many times have we seen the headline 'Britney is BACK!!!' as if every single new thing she's done is coming directly off the back of 2007. It's so annoying!

Also, some britards people won't like this, but I think a lot of fans (and the GP actually) happily excuse her bad performances now because of what happened in 2007, so they put little reminders like that photo as if to say: Don't you dare critisise her because LOOK WHERE SHE WAS!!!! Look what she went through! You should be grateful she even gets out of bed for you ungrateful pond life!!!!!

All of this.

i think for a lot of ppl 2007 is still the big shadow that they think of when they see or hear Britney, especially since she didn’t emerge from that time period as the same type of performer at all. and fans definitely don’t make it better by depicting her as some fragile rag doll whenever someone says anything about her tbh.

5 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

All of this.

i think for a lot of ppl 2007 is still the big shadow that they think of when they see or hear Britney, especially since she didn’t emerge from that time period as the same type of performer at all. and fans definitely don’t make it better by depicting her as some fragile rag doll whenever someone says anything about her tbh.

So true, it's all over youtube in the comments sections of most of her performance videos. If someone says the slightest thing that isn't praising her to high heavens then the responses are all the same: She nearly died, she is controlled by puppets, she has bipolar, she hurt her knee, she's a mom now, she does all this for her fans. And yes they act like she's made of glass and imply that any critisism will send her straight back to 2007 so we'd better just clap and be in awe.

I wonder what people would be saying if she hadn't had her breakdown at all, she'd just one day gone from Primeney to Circusney and then the following eras. Would she still be tiptoed around?

Archived