Hopes for the tour

Tetris

Since they have MONTHS to rehearse and figure this **** out, I'm hoping for some logical revisions, since the core show is still Piece Of Me. It was obviously delusional to expect anything of the Asia tour because the residency was still going and it was an established show. But now there is actual time & room to slightly tweak things.

-All new, REAL costumes - for Britney AND the dancers. I'm sure the concepts for each section will remain the same, but at least now they can return with a focused image. Not to mention with the amount of time between POM closing in Vegas & the tour starting, there's no way anyone is going to have to put back on those old, worn out, sweat-covered hot glue gun creations. 

-New props. Since we know the tree and others aren't mobile, new pieces can & should be created to help fill the stage and provide physical setting to accompany the LED screens/background animations. 

-Revised choreography. I'm not expecting anything drastic, since this is still POM and not an entirely new show. But again, there is TIME now to revise choreography to be more fluid without the giant Vegas props. As in, I think we won't have to see her dancing with an invisible pole anymore. And I'm sure she'll randomly update a breakdown or two.

-Updated set list. Again, nothing drastic! But I believe this is basically POM 3.0, so she'll probably swap a couple things out - or at least fill the void created if they continue to scrap ILRNR because of the guitar, and maybe revise Everytime performance without the wings. And hopefully replace the Missy Elliott dance break with an actual number. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, everybodygoesdown said:

It's going to be the same as the Asian tour, and that's fine by me.

:pumped: I'm very excited.

I think it will be close, but definitely a little updated. There's so much time & allowance for wiggle room since, unlike the Asia tour, this is a real tour of the show being made specifically for the road, without having to return to Planet Hollywood afterwards. My expectations for change are very minimal, but I do believe this can be considered POM 3.0

37 minutes ago, Tetris said:

Since they have MONTHS to rehearse and figure this **** out, I'm hoping for some logical revisions, since the core show is still Piece Of Me. It was obviously delusional to expect anything of the Asia tour because the residency was still going and it was an established show. But now there is actual time & room to slightly tweak things.

-All new, REAL costumes - for Britney AND the dancers. I'm sure the concepts for each section will remain the same, but at least now they can return with a focused image. Not to mention with the amount of time between POM closing in Vegas & the tour starting, there's no way anyone is going to have to put back on those old, worn out, sweat-covered hot glue gun creations. 

-New props. Since we know the tree and others aren't mobile, new pieces can & should be created to help fill the stage and provide physical setting to accompany the LED screens/background animations. 

-Revised choreography. I'm not expecting anything drastic, since this is still POM and not an entirely new show. But again, there is TIME now to revise choreography to be more fluid without the giant Vegas props. As in, I think we won't have to see her dancing with an invisible pole anymore. And I'm sure she'll randomly update a breakdown or two.

-Updated set list. Again, nothing drastic! But I believe this is basically POM 3.0, so she'll probably swap a couple things out - or at least fill the void created if they continue to scrap ILRNR because of the guitar, and maybe revise Everytime performance without the wings. And hopefully replace the Missy Elliott dance break with an actual number. 

You read my mind :) Fingers crossed !

I just hope if they keep Do You Wanna Come Over? that they don't have her grabbing an imaginary overhead bar on this tour. In a dream world they would serve pre-recorded vocals and someone would take the time to tell her what parts to move her mouth to at the very least. It's going to be interesting to see...bracing for the meltdowns if that ugly red leotard and most of the Asian tour costumes make a comeback for this outing. Fingers crossed for a POM 2.0 level revamp. If it's for a greatest hits 20 year celebration the singles need to come back and the album tracks got to go. :plzney:

Archived