Is Britney big gay icon?**

except madonna. well i love christina and of course she is a LGBT+ icon but she has released beautiful and the song is about physical discrimination, same as Gaga, Gaga's born this way, katy's firework, britney has no song about something like these, but she is big as maybe bigger than these pop girls for LGBT. maybe just Gaga. and i want a song about this topic on b10. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this excerpt from the Blackout 10-year anniversary article sums it up perfectly:

If you ever wanna see a gay club truly explode, request “Gimme More” and wait for “It’s Britney, *****” to drop — a true declaration of survival and resilience. Ten years ago, magazines had prewritten Britney’s obituary. No one had witnessed someone so famous come undone at the seams so violently and so publicly. The fact that she didn’t die makes those three words feel so much more important now when you hear it today. LGBTQ people have always looked to their musical heroes to provide inspiration or strength. Protest anthems can be weapons or sometimes armor — but sometimes we also want these songs to strut and slap us in the face.

Nowadays everyone talks about pop music in serious terms, but when I was younger being a pop music fan, especially if you were a boy, could get you in trouble. It often meant you were a f**got. I was always defiant about my love of pop, but after Blackout came out, I refused to feel ashamed to talk about pop albums in lofty ways. Without it, there’s no way I would have been so bold as to launch my label, Tri Angle, with a Lindsay Lohan tribute album knowing very well how it could open me up to ridicule. It was ultimately a middle finger to people who looked down on pop music, and other people (mostly straight men) telling me what was real.

1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

I love Britney but I don't think she's considered a gay icon, she's loved by the gay community which is totally different :whitney:

This! I never really considered her a gay icon, but no doubt she is loved by the gay community. 

Britney undeniabley doesn't discriminate against anyone, and I like to think the army is the same way. Gay, straight, black, white, purple, it doesn't matter. The army's love for quality music trancends all the labels:groovin:

2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

gurl, Cher is a bigger gay icon than Britney :lessons:  or Barbra Streisand 

https://www.out.com/entertainment/michael-musto/2014/08/25/12-greatest-female-gay-icons-all-time-also-nathan-matthew

I love Britney but I don't think she's considered a gay icon, she's loved by the gay community which is totally different :whitney:

boy, are you serious? beyonce on the list and no xtina and no brit, :awks:
tell me one single thing about beyonce's help for lgbt then i will shut up

Archived