When did your hopes die?

LilyRoseAllen

That might sound weird, but I'm bored at work so I began to listen to BJ on Spotify and told to myself: this is exactly when you really felt that something was now off for Britney. I know that I was really excited about this album, even though I wasn't sure what to think about will.i.**** being the exec producer for this album. After listening to the album few times, I kind of quit listening to it. It was the first time I didn't listen to a Britney album in full for the next 6 months everyday. 

I also really love Glory but I know that I wasn't as excited as I was for each of her albums. And I'm a fan since the BOMT single... :kyliecry:

What about you guys? :mattafact:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly for some reason my hopes for both Britney and Christina died the same day and that was after the Whitney tribute. I know Britney had nothing to do with it but at that moment i realized that both of them have almost nonstop been dissapointing me for 7 years. I realized that Christina will never ever care again and be crative and inspired as she used to be and Britney will never slay on stage as she used to. Both of them have had good moments in that time where you could see glimmers (Britney BBMA, Christina 2013 AMAs) but overall in comparrison its just not what it used to be. Something is "off" for both of them.

So yeah Ive been kind of depressed since the AMAs. Ive been a fan of both since 1999 and it honestly hurts to think of unstanning and I dont think I can. But I'll be honest im a nostalgia fan. Nothing Britney has done post 2009 would have made me become a fan and same goes for Christina 1 year earlier.

Tbh, my hopes died with Blackout. Before it came out I still had hope that someday she was gonna come back, that her career remained untouched from the damage of her personal struggles, but then Blackout came out, with those horrendous videos, the VMA performance, etc. That's when I thought, "that's it", "the Britney I fell in love with has totally disappeared and will never come back".

But then Circus happened the next year, and that gave me hopes, with Womanizer, Circus, IUSA. But then something started to look off, with Radar as a single, then the 3 video, I don't know, something wasn't totally like the "good old days". So even though when I look back I complain about the FF era, that's only because I know how good she''s become these years, but back then I really enjoyed the era, because at that point I wasn't even expecting her to keep doing this. So anything she did was good for me, because I used to think we didn't even deserve her effort, well, "effort".

Ever since, I've appreciated everything she's done, just because of the fact that she's doing something. From the X Factor, S&S, OLL, BJ, POM, the Intimate Collection, Jane the Virgin, etc. I seriously lost my hopes of her performing at an awards show again, so for me BBMA 2015, 2016, the VMAs, all that was a gift because I though she would never do that. Her music videos, the residency, etc.

I'm not gonna lie, things started to get too good at some point, and I did fell to some delusions, like when we thought she was performing at the desert, or when we thought BJ was gonna get a third single, etc. And of course I suffered many disappointments in these years post-FF. But I've learned, probably since the first meltdown, to always expect the least, or the worst, or not expect anything at all. I didn't expect anything from Glory, because I was still pissed that BJ didn't get another single, and Glory ended up being one of my favorite albums. I'm still pressed we didn't get more singles, and the whole MM fiasco, but again, once you stop expecting big things, you learn to appreciate little things better.

Right now I don't even expect her to release any album anytime soon, not even a buzz single. I'm expecting 2018 to be even drier than this year, but I'm totally open for surprises. I don't think she will ever "change back" to her old self. In 2011 I thought THAT was gonna be the new standard for her, I thought all of the following eras were gonna be FFney 2.0, 3.0, etc. Just getting worse in her image and attitude. But she got better. But right now I seriously believe THIS is the new Britney we're gonna get for the rest of our lives and the following eras, so I'm not expecting more than 2 or 1 videos per album, I'm not expecting her to have #1s again. I'm not expecting awards performances, nominations, documentaries. But I'm not depressed or something, I've just come to accept that this is how things are gonna be from now on, and I'm ok with that, as long as she's still here doing something.

First when work ***** was released, I hated it and stopped checking for Britney as I hated the idea of her being stuck in Las Vegas. Then, 2016 VMAs. I liked the performance but was disappointed too, idk. It was my first time watching  a Britney performance aired on TV too and I stayed up until 6 am :kyliecry:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Tbh, my hopes died with Blackout. Before it came out I still had hope that someday she was gonna come back, that her career remained untouched from the damage of her personal struggles, but then Blackout came out, with those horrendous videos, the VMA performance, etc. That's when I thought, "that's it", "the Britney I fell in love with has totally disappeared and will never come back".

But then Circus happened the next year, and that gave me hopes, with Womanizer, Circus, IUSA. But then something started to look off, with Radar as a single, then the 3 video, I don't know, something wasn't totally like the "good old days". So even though when I look back I complain about the FF era, that's only because I know how good she''s become these years, but back then I really enjoyed the era, because at that point I wasn't even expecting her to keep doing this. So anything she did was good for me, because I used to think we didn't even deserve her effort, well, "effort".

Ever since, I've appreciated everything she's done, just because of the fact that she's doing something. From the X Factor, S&S, OLL, BJ, POM, the Intimate Collection, Jane the Virgin, etc. I seriously lost my hopes of her performing at an awards show again, so for me BBMA 2015, 2016, the VMAs, all that was a gift because I though she would never do that. Her music videos, the residency, etc.

I'm not gonna lie, things started to get too good at some point, and I did fell to some delusions, like when we thought she was performing at the desert, or when we thought BJ was gonna get a third single, etc. And of course I suffered many disappointments in these years post-FF. But I've learned, probably since the first meltdown, to always expect the least, or the worst, or not expect anything at all. I didn't expect anything from Glory, because I was still pissed that BJ didn't get another single, and Glory ended up being one of my favorite albums. I'm still pressed we didn't get more singles, and the whole MM fiasco, but again, once you stop expecting big things, you learn to appreciate little things better.

Right now I don't even expect her to release any album anytime soon, not even a buzz single. I'm expecting 2018 to be even drier than this year, but I'm totally open for surprises. I don't think she will ever "change back" to her old self. In 2011 I thought THAT was gonna be the new standard for her, I thought all of the following eras were gonna be FFney 2.0, 3.0, etc. Just getting worse in her image and attitude. But she got better. But right now I seriously believe THIS is the new Britney we're gonna get for the rest of our lives and the following eras, so I'm not expecting more than 2 or 1 videos per album, I'm not expecting her to have #1s again. I'm not expecting awards performances, nominations, documentaries. But I'm not depressed or something, I've just come to accept that this is how things are gonna be from now on, and I'm ok with that, as long as she's still here doing something.

Oh my gosh! THANK YOU! This is the smartest thing I have read here for years! I share the same point of view!

Guest Diamond Horse

Yes, I have lowered the expectations, but no - my hope has not died completely. I still  expect some slayage and as long as there is some slayage to be expected, I am fine. #SlayageGuaranteed 

When POM started. I always made excuses or just focused on the positives but when POM started, she barely moved, her hair/makeup was terrible, her costumes were beyond terrible, her lipping was out of control, the audience interaction was weak, there were only 2 new songs in it... it was just a bad show.

Archived